Lumia 920 restarting - Would a hard reset fix it?

VinceGio

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

So, I've had a bad road with my Lumia 920.. Not as bad as mrdeezus..
I had to claim a new phone from my carrier (Tele2 - Sweden), and now I have one problem..

After 3 months of supervision on my cellphone, I can't bare it anymore. The issue i here that my cellphone restarts constantly when in idle mode (Yes, it's a common bug).
I did make an attempt to Contact the NOKIA support, but they closed the legit support places (Live chat and cellphone).

Now, I want to ask. Do you think a HARD reset will fix it?
I've done several factory resets and refurbishes over NCS.
My version is, as everyone has, 1232.5957.1308.0017 - And then I have an RM-821_eu_sweden_235 version.

I want to have some feedback from you guys before I do something really risky.

Last edited:

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'd say it's probably like a computer. That kind of problem can be either hardware or software related. If it's software, then then a hard reset might fix it but if it's hardware, then no. I would try that first though and if that doesn't work, I'd definitely try and get it replaced. It should be covered under the Manufacturers warranty.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Doubt it, I have the same problem with a Rogers 920. Did a hard reset when I got it then later flashed the latest rom to it, made no difference, reboots when it pleases.

VinceGio

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Alright.. I will wait until the new update comes for L920, and if it does restart.. I will demand a new cellphone.

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I am also on firmware 1308 (random reboots on all versions before that), and if I try to run on 4G I will have a reboot within an hour or so. But on 3G - ... no problem. So something is wrong - for sure, but as long as there is no 4G where I live ... who cares ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99