Web pages on the windows 8 browser.

RapidTurtle

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello all. Just started using a 920 from AT&T, as a trial before we switch to Verizon. Thinking about getting the 928. Coming from android, there are a lot of things I like about the Windows phone. One thing that I don't like, is on my wife's Galaxy s3, when you go to the yahoo page, she can scroll through all of the stories at the top of the page, where as, on my 920, I can't. Also the cnet page on the 928 just shows articles, where on my wifes galaxy, she gets pictures. I realize I can use the desktop version, but on the galaxy, it seems like a cross between a desktop an mobile version, which looks much more appealing. Is there a setting or app that I am missing to make the pages more user friendly?

RapidTurtle

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Will this get better with time? I'm so close to jumping on the 928 when we go to Verizon, but this is one of the issues holding me back.

render88

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Try with different browser. UC browser for example. But I think that this is not WP issue. You are viewing mobile versions of these pages. On cnet web page you can switch to desktop viewing mode in Select... menu.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers