Hi again, well, I'm a new user with lumia 920, and it came with 1308 firmware, I knew that the newest one was 1314, so I made some research and I've found out an interesting thing (1314 has not been released at my ota):

Using nokia software updater for retail 3.0.4 (version I use) updates your phone.. the only problem is that it will delete your user's thing, such as apps, but if you want the update sooner, is just download the apps again, 15min and you're done =)

I've made this today and worked pretty decently, no problems at all, now my lumia runs 1314..

It's very simple, install the program, open it, connect your lumia (supports them all), and it will check if there's any updates avaible, this is a registered service from nokia, the only bad thing is that you'll lose what you've done so far, but nothing that 30min with it don't fix..

hope it helps someone =)
    06-09-2013 06:35 PM
    Is it really worth it? I mean 1314 doesnt bring anything new right?
    06-09-2013 06:52 PM
    Is it really worth it? I mean 1314 doesnt bring anything new right?
    well.. many few things, they said that the automatic bright was refined, fixed the ''black screen'' while on call and ''various improvements to phone's stability and performance'', although nothing very important has changed, I noticed a slight better battery, it's draining less, like 1/2 hours saving..
    06-09-2013 07:02 PM
    well.. many few things, they said that the automatic bright was refined, fixed the ''black screen'' while on call and ''various improvements to phone's stability and performance'', although nothing very important has changed, I noticed a slight better battery, it's draining less, like 1/2 hours saving..
    Auto bright? Can you explain how it works now? I like how it work on 1308. As the matter of fact this is the only smartphone where I turn auto brightness ON! All prev. phones uses too low brightness for good light environment.
    06-10-2013 05:22 AM
    Where do you live / What country did you buy your cellphone in?
    I checked the Nokia Retailer.. No update for me yet.. So just wondering how it is for you.
    06-10-2013 05:29 AM
    I also checked the updater, says the same version is available for me to update to. Can you also say what carrier/country you are on?
    VinceGio likes this.
    06-10-2013 05:30 AM
    1314 had been around for almost 2 month, is a general fix for broken connectivity in 1308. NSU for retail should find a 1314 update for all 920s unless you have a variant locked down to a specific telco, which you will have to depend on their mercy.
    jojapath likes this.
    06-10-2013 07:50 AM
    Where do you live / What country did you buy your cellphone in?
    I checked the Nokia Retailer.. No update for me yet.. So just wondering how it is for you.
    In brazil, my cellphone is not from any carrier, unbranded, I think that carrier's cellphones are ''locked'' until they release, I went to verify updates in my cellphone and it showed up that it was already updated (but was 1308) so I installed this program and when I connected it showed me that there was an update (1314), It's from nokia servers

I also checked the updater, says the same version is available for me to update to. Can you also say what carrier/country you are on?
    My cellphone is unbranded, maybe that's why the update appears, maybe in carrier cellphones the updates were not released..
    06-10-2013 10:45 AM
    Auto bright? Can you explain how it works now? I like how it work on 1308. As the matter of fact this is the only smartphone where I turn auto brightness ON! All prev. phones uses too low brightness for good light environment.
    Nokia said that they refined the auto brightness, it's working better, but they did not detail.. I've not noticed much improvements on bright settings
    06-10-2013 10:48 AM