Battery Life on Unlocked Rogers Lumia 920 - Getting Disgusted!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
So, I just finished charging my unlocked Rogers Lumia 920, which I use on T-Mobile. I've been nearly consistently seeing my battery meter stating that there's 18 hours on a full charge, whereas on my previous phone, the Lumia 810, I would sometimes see as much as 2 days worth. So, for the heck of it, I rebooted my phone after the charge. After it turned back on, I went to the battery meter again and this time it only says 9 hours and change! Are you kidding me?! :angry: This is really aggravating me and making me lean even harder on getting a 925 when T-Mobile gets it. I'm tired of this. Once last week, I even charged my phone three times in a single day. Ugh! I even have a number of things turned off to lengthen my battery life, so I just don't get it. :cry:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
You device might have a faulty battery. Can you exchange it? If not call Nokia care and tell them your issue.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. Well, I literally left my phone alone from the time I created this thread until I got up this morning and was shocked to see the battery still read 100%, although it still also said 9 hours and 17 minutes. I checked emails, the weather and played a couple of games of Words by Post and put it down. About an hour later, I picked it up and saw it at 98% and the battery meter said 20 days and change(!!!). Very crazy stuff! :confused:

Mark Everingham

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
The battery doesn't drain at a set rate, if you have just stressed the phone, ie played a game or just turned it on, that uses the processors etc so based on that usage rate you will see a lot less time left displayed, if you phone has been left just checking emails and facebook occasionally then obviously this doesn't push the phone too much so at that rate of usage it could probably last days.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's been weird today. Okay, so I haven't used my phone all that much today, just checked emails and weather, the one game this morning and then a bit of texting. The battery is at 79%! It's like night and day.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same inconsistencies on my Rogers L920. I have given up trying to understand the reasons and just charge it whenever I can. Sometimes it needs 3 charges in 1 day, other days it can go 24 hrs without needing power. This experience has really changed my impression of getting another Lumia. I love this phone, its my fav design of any phone I've owned ..but the battery pisses me off.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Same here, want a 925 or EOS/Elvis but scared after many replacement 920s. What do we do?

My guess is that the 925 and EOS will be more stable since they're second generation WP8 devices. I'm hot and cold with my 920 too often. I really do want to get a 925 when it gets to T-Mobile. I may wait for a bit, though, but I guess I'll see how it goes. Honestly, I hate the idea of spending all this money on my 920, only to ditch it for another phone with half the storage space for probably the same amount or close to it. I do miss the AMOLED screen and lighter weight in a phone, though. :straight:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786