Simcard Error

Prajwal Acharya

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
My dad's phone is Nokia Lumia 920. He said he removed simcard"for some reason" out and then put it in.., from then something like "Simcard is missing or invalid simcard" message keeps coming and phone doesnot recognize the simcard. I put it in my phone, it works perfectly fine, I did soft reset, rebooting phone but nothing works.., Any idea how to solve the problem.
Cheers,
Prajwal Acharya

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
This might be a stupid question but has he put the card in the right way? Make sure the SIM is gold side up in the tray and in the correct orientation according to the cut edge of the card.

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I've suffered a similar problem, though the situation improved enormously with the Portico update.Recently, this happened again and so I started swapping SIMs: the Virgin SIM from my 620 into my 920 (worked fine) and the EE Sim from the 920 into the 620 (worked fine). Swapped them back and the EE SIM wasn't recognised by the 920. Then I swapped the EE SIM into my iPad2 (which worked). When I reinserted the EE SIM back into my 920 there was a message that the phone was switching to GSM mode and I had my connection back!Try reinserting your dad's SIM into your device and rebooting it, before putting it back into your dad's 920. I wonder if there's some communication problem between the 920 and the network, so your phone will solve the problem and then the 920 can work again.Hopefully someone with a deeper understanding can explain what's happening, but until then godd luck!

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This might be a stupid question but has he put the card in the right way? Make sure the SIM is gold side up in the tray and in the correct orientation according to the cut edge of the card.

Plus one to this. Happened to me the first time I placed the micro sim in the 920. It might just be it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Plus one to this. Happened to me the first time I placed the micro sim in the 920. It might just be it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Make that three of us. I nearly had a panic attack when I had difficulty in ejecting the SIM tray when I realized I had my card in wrong!

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Make that three of us. I nearly had a panic attack when I had difficulty in ejecting the SIM tray when I realized I had my card in wrong!

we are 4 then haha, I had a panic as well, I put the golden side in the wrong position and put the ''adaptor'' in the cellphone, then I realized what I did and went crazy haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon