09-18-2013 05:18 AM
44 12
tools
    Here in Youngstown, Ohio AT&T recently began rolling out LTE. The entire month of May I had severe battery drain daily along with my girlfriend and her sister's Lumia 920's. On a whim, I've always had the Access Point settings app manually installed. I check it frequently and noticed that all profiles had been identified as "Inactive". The latest update, however, was different. The 4G profile was Active suddenly, and I noticed that in addition to the drain I lost my data connection. So I forced the profile to LTE 1, and it not only upped my Internet Sharing to 8 devices, but also has fixed my battery drain (I now get amazing battery life) and my data connection is wicked reliable. I doubt it's a miracle cure all, but it's worth investigating. If you're looking for the Access Point link, use the Lumia Pusher app in the store. :)
    06-20-2013 09:06 PM
    06-20-2013 10:16 PM
    I always have to reboot my 920 after going to certain areas as it will take a nose dive shortly after leaving that place
    06-20-2013 11:17 PM
    I always have to reboot my 920 after going to certain areas as it will take a nose dive shortly after leaving that place
    Same thing here. You may want to try the Access Point trick above... It helped me with those situations too.
    06-21-2013 07:25 AM
    Here in Youngstown, Ohio AT&T recently began rolling out LTE. The entire month of May I had severe battery drain daily along with my girlfriend and her sister's Lumia 920's. On a whim, I've always had the Access Point settings app manually installed. I check it frequently and noticed that all profiles had been identified as "Inactive". The latest update, however, was different. The 4G profile was Active suddenly, and I noticed that in addition to the drain I lost my data connection. So I forced the profile to LTE 1, and it not only upped my Internet Sharing to 8 devices, but also has fixed my battery drain (I now get amazing battery life) and my data connection is wicked reliable. I doubt it's a miracle cure all, but it's worth investigating. If you're looking for the Access Point link, use the Lumia Pusher app in the store. :)
    I have an unlocked 920 and there are none of the options you describe. It shows the network I am connected to and that is it. The only option is to add another connection point, no 4G options or any of the things you describe above.
    06-21-2013 07:42 AM
    Just installed the app and changed the setting...will let you know if anything changes. Thanks for the trick!
    GoodThings2Life likes this.
    06-21-2013 05:56 PM
    Basically MS has to plug some 'hole' a.k.a FIX in the OS APIs that are exposed to third party app developers or Nokia has done some weird customization at OS level which triggers this problem. HTC 8X owners look happier than Lumia ones.

In my case sometimes culprit was Skype (didnt logout but closed the app), stock MS facebook App... a quick reboot always works! recently I faced 'extremely HOT phone' while chatting on Kik messenger!!
    06-21-2013 06:38 PM
    I have an unlocked 920 and there are none of the options you describe. It shows the network I am connected to and that is it. The only option is to add another connection point, no 4G options or any of the things you describe above.
    Sorry, I'm on AT&T in the US. Reach out to Nokia Cares on Twitter and ask for them to look into it.
    06-22-2013 08:40 AM
    Just installed the app and changed the setting...will let you know if anything changes. Thanks for the trick!
    Hope you get similar results.
    06-22-2013 08:40 AM
    I actually noticed that, I updated my lumia 920 and when the screen is off, the average discharge rate is 1% a hour, great, When I'm using it, in wifi, it goes to 13%, and I have recharged with a stronger charger and it worked, same as my blackberry, I charged it with the lumia's charger and the battery lasted much more, guess I'll be buying a 2.2A charger

the only problem is... I don't know where to find a 2.2A charger =(

Edit: I think I'll be getting a samsung tab charger (2.2A), it has lightning connector, so it shall work =)
    I bougt the Philips Model DLP2207/12 wall charger with 2 usb ports, but the output is 2,1A.
    06-23-2013 06:50 PM
    I am on my second lumia 920 and battery drys ups like F1 racing car finishs race tracks :p
    06-26-2013 05:28 AM
    The problem I have is trusting the battery apps out there. I just deleted the battery app I was using, lets see what happens tomorrow.
    06-26-2013 08:57 PM
    Sorry, I'm on AT&T in the US. Reach out to Nokia Cares on Twitter and ask for them to look into it.
    Think I'm just going to wait for EOS ;-)
    06-26-2013 09:13 PM
    When I had battery issues, my battery drained all the way down to a 5 hr life just resting.
    My solution was to have manually syncing emails and no location on unless i need it.
    With the 920, it keeps trying to sync and in places of low signal, even though you only sync say every 2 hrs, it keeps trying after failed attempts.
    Now, my battery goes 3 days. 5 days on idle. Not the 17 days advertised, but I think it's bc of the heating damage from before.
    06-26-2013 10:22 PM
    It's recently been happening to mine too - and I dont even have my data on - just the cellular network (so i can get texts) - I used about 60% this week while at work. I was thinking it could be my phone searching for coverage but who knows now that I read all of this!
    06-27-2013 01:31 PM
    Kik messenger and wechat will drain a battery from 100-0 in an hour. They will also heat up your phone like no other. Windows phone 8 along with many apps are so buggy its unbelievable . Im on Nokia Lumia 920 #5 and still having all sorts of issues which o guess are just os related
    im not going back to IOS and I seriously hate android.i love windows phone 8 I just wish apple made it because MS software is always bad and having to reboot a device or reset a device like we do with wp8 is just terrible
    06-27-2013 05:00 PM
    This method works for me, I bought Lumia 920 3 weeks ago and the battery drain so fast even after I had fully charged it. After I let the phone completely discharged and charge it again to full, Now, I open the network 3G, use facebook like 5 minutes, I listen to the music about an hour (still playing) and the battery is still 100% ! :). I wonder why some people say that it's not good to let the battery completely drain. Thanks!
    08-25-2013 12:53 AM
    Fix to "Nokia Lumia Battery Draining"
    Watch Solution at Following Youtube Video:
    09-18-2013 05:01 AM
    reboot, then drain the battery off and charge it to 100 , see what happens.
    might be some electric stuff messed up
    09-18-2013 05:18 AM
44 12