Lumia 920 battery discharged in 2 hours, what the hell is happening???

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if it is just coincidence.. but after the update to 1314, I've noticed that the battery drains quickly, don't know if it's just a coincidence, Nokia alreayds knows about this problem, I hope it fixes with microsoft along the next update, looking forward to amber, I believe will make many bugs fixes and drain problem..

It's not coincidence that so many people have this problem, it should be the apps installed or some bugs in the OS..

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a 920 and never have this issue. My mother also has a 920, and this happens maybe once a week to her. She is a VERY light user, very little installed and no games. But once in a while she will pull the phone out of her purse and it is very warm, and she knows that the drain is occurring. A reboot stops it, but of course her battery is mostly drained by then. Very annoying, and of course I have just about no chance of figuring it out since she lives an hour away. Luckily, this is her first smartphone and she's also very forgiving of things like this.

Hazimix

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
This is *not* the cause nor the solution.

This is the sulotion. When you update the firmware or flash 920.
Please make sore that the battery is fully charged, because it drains the battery very quick.
After that, your 920 will be bricked or looping on Nokia logo.
The cuase of this, is that the battery needs some juice to kickstart the Phone and the charger is not powerfull enough to give the battery and the Phone a boost and they get very hot. Both the Phone and the charger.
We have tested it on serveral windows 8 phones and give them time to reboot. Be patient.
This problem is know bij Nokia, but they still sell the chargers.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
This is the sulotion. When you update the firmware or flash 920.
Please make sore that the battery is fully charged, because it drains the battery very quick.
After that, your 920 will be bricked or looping on Nokia logo.
The cuase of this, is that the battery needs some juice to kickstart the Phone and the charger is not powerfull enough to give the battery and the Phone a boost and they get very hot. Both the Phone and the charger.
We have tested it on serveral windows 8 phones and give them time to reboot. Be patient.
This problem is know bij Nokia, but they still sell the chargers.

I actually noticed that, I updated my lumia 920 and when the screen is off, the average discharge rate is 1% a hour, great, When I'm using it, in wifi, it goes to 13%, and I have recharged with a stronger charger and it worked, same as my blackberry, I charged it with the lumia's charger and the battery lasted much more, guess I'll be buying a 2.2A charger

the only problem is... I don't know where to find a 2.2A charger =(

Edit: I think I'll be getting a samsung tab charger (2.2A), it has lightning connector, so it shall work =)

Last edited:

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Here in Youngstown, Ohio AT&T recently began rolling out LTE. The entire month of May I had severe battery drain daily along with my girlfriend and her sister's Lumia 920's. On a whim, I've always had the Access Point settings app manually installed. I check it frequently and noticed that all profiles had been identified as "Inactive". The latest update, however, was different. The 4G profile was Active suddenly, and I noticed that in addition to the drain I lost my data connection. So I forced the profile to LTE 1, and it not only upped my Internet Sharing to 8 devices, but also has fixed my battery drain (I now get amazing battery life) and my data connection is wicked reliable. I doubt it's a miracle cure all, but it's worth investigating. If you're looking for the Access Point link, use the Lumia Pusher app in the store. :)

jrnag24

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I always have to reboot my 920 after going to certain areas as it will take a nose dive shortly after leaving that place

how1ard

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Here in Youngstown, Ohio AT&T recently began rolling out LTE. The entire month of May I had severe battery drain daily along with my girlfriend and her sister's Lumia 920's. On a whim, I've always had the Access Point settings app manually installed. I check it frequently and noticed that all profiles had been identified as "Inactive". The latest update, however, was different. The 4G profile was Active suddenly, and I noticed that in addition to the drain I lost my data connection. So I forced the profile to LTE 1, and it not only upped my Internet Sharing to 8 devices, but also has fixed my battery drain (I now get amazing battery life) and my data connection is wicked reliable. I doubt it's a miracle cure all, but it's worth investigating. If you're looking for the Access Point link, use the Lumia Pusher app in the store. :)

I have an unlocked 920 and there are none of the options you describe. It shows the network I am connected to and that is it. The only option is to add another connection point, no 4G options or any of the things you describe above.

Sakeeboy

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Basically MS has to plug some 'hole' a.k.a FIX in the OS APIs that are exposed to third party app developers or Nokia has done some weird customization at OS level which triggers this problem. HTC 8X owners look happier than Lumia ones.

In my case sometimes culprit was Skype (didnt logout but closed the app), stock MS facebook App... a quick reboot always works! recently I faced 'extremely HOT phone' while chatting on Kik messenger!!

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have an unlocked 920 and there are none of the options you describe. It shows the network I am connected to and that is it. The only option is to add another connection point, no 4G options or any of the things you describe above.

Sorry, I'm on AT&T in the US. Reach out to Nokia Cares on Twitter and ask for them to look into it.

Hazimix

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I actually noticed that, I updated my lumia 920 and when the screen is off, the average discharge rate is 1% a hour, great, When I'm using it, in wifi, it goes to 13%, and I have recharged with a stronger charger and it worked, same as my blackberry, I charged it with the lumia's charger and the battery lasted much more, guess I'll be buying a 2.2A charger

the only problem is... I don't know where to find a 2.2A charger =(

Edit: I think I'll be getting a samsung tab charger (2.2A), it has lightning connector, so it shall work =)

I bougt the Philips Model DLP2207/12 wall charger with 2 usb ports, but the output is 2,1A.

bloboblob

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
When I had battery issues, my battery drained all the way down to a 5 hr life just resting.
My solution was to have manually syncing emails and no location on unless i need it.
With the 920, it keeps trying to sync and in places of low signal, even though you only sync say every 2 hrs, it keeps trying after failed attempts.
Now, my battery goes 3 days. 5 days on idle. Not the 17 days advertised, but I think it's bc of the heating damage from before.

midtownpenguin

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
It's recently been happening to mine too - and I dont even have my data on - just the cellular network (so i can get texts) - I used about 60% this week while at work. I was thinking it could be my phone searching for coverage but who knows now that I read all of this!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)