New 920 came fully discharged - won't turn on

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
My mom decided to jump on the WP bandwagon...on looks of device alone. Ha

But she's already discouraged because it arrived from amazon fully discharged, and won't turn on.

What can I do?

(Happy ending - Got a new free one from amazon - overnighted for free)

Last edited:

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Connect it to a power socket so that it can charge. :\ It will display a battery icon with a lightnhing symbol. Let it charge for a few minutes and it will work fine.

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
It charged this way for quite a while. It's on its way back to amazon.

D.O.A.

Nice first impression for my mother.. NOT. ha

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It charged this way for quite a while. It's on its way back to amazon.

D.O.A.

Nice first impression for my mother.. NOT. ha

Shouldn't get to worked up about it. Just ask Amazon to overnight another one and they will. Every company has DOAs happen from time to time. I just had a $400 video card arrive bad from Amazon. 12 hours after I told them, I had a new one on my door step, problem solved.

JammyGitz

Banned
Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
If left for a long time, my 920 can take HOURS to come back on after letting the battery go flat. Not really a big deal though

Harry Ola

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Happens sometimes if you let your phone completely discharge. When this has happened to me I have found that once it has charged for a while, if you do a soft reset (hold volume - and power button for about 10 secs) it seems to wake up.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I guess this is a freak thing that happens with gadgets that have been laying around too long not being used. My boyfriend is borrowing a laptop from one of my best friends that she hadn't used in at least six months. The thing literally will not work unless the adapter is plugged in because the battery is totally dead. To the OP, it seems possible that your 920 was sitting around in a factory or warehouse for a long time and suffered the same fate. Unfortunately. :straight:

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
So ibbyj, did your mom get another one and if so, what does she think now? Sucks that your first experience is a bad one but it happens. It's a great phone though.

SahilShah

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Freak thing, hopefully haha. Glad your not one of those people that just cause of a SELLER mistake did not do something drastic like switch to Android!

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey, sorry for late update.

The phone was for my mother.. she did almost buy an iPhone out of frustration, but she decided to give it one more shot because she loved the cyan color so much..haha

We got another fully functioning unit, and she loves her 920! My sister graduated from college on Saturday, and my mother was SO proud of all the photos she was taking. She was even showing off the phone herself!

"Look at my new phone!"

"Hey Jay, what kind of phone do I have?" (haha)

"Yea, a Nokia Lumia, it is windows!"

"Look at my pink tiles, you get to pick what shows up."

"Look at how clear all of my pictures are!"

All day long she was bragging about it, it was awesome.

Also, I heard her na-na-na-na-na-ing my dad because his iPhone can't magic (see: wireless)charge. haha

Anyways -All is golden, and we have another WP lover!

Here is a photo I snuck of her snapping her first "Instance" photo, it cracks me up how gun-ho about this phone she is. (She'd kill me for this photo) ahha
WP_20130620_019.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234