AT&T Sent Me a White Lumia 920 - Keep It?

Jowiso

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Just a post for fun/to get people's opinions on the Lumia 920 color variants.

I've had a black Lumia 920 since launch day (still absolutely in love with the phone), but I'm having major battery drain/restart issues. AT&T replaced my device, but they sent me the white version of the phone. It's still in the mail, so I don't have it in my hands yet, but what do you guys think of white?

I think I'm totally fine with it, and I realize it'll be a switch from matte to glossy, but does the white Lumia 920 still look classy? Does it still seem like a solidly built device, not a cheap toy? I have the option to send back the white one, so it's also in the back of my mind.

I won't know for sure until I see it - but what do you think? Should I switch it up? I'm a young professional, so I want something that won't seem obnoxious in a work meeting/environment (e.g. Red or Yellow).

Let's get your thoughts! :smile:

Last edited:

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Get whatever you enjoy. If you're concerned about not looking professional, put a black cover on it.

Jowiso

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! That's true - just want to make sure it doesn't look "cheap" - I know some people mentioned that about the glossy colors.

If only we had matte white......:love:

Jowiso

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a white Lumia 920 and loving it...And also it can match color(cover) you want..

How well does the white glossy hide scratches or scuffs or dust? I notice the black tends to show little marks on the back or dust particles on the back. Does the white hide these well?

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a black Lumia 920 and love it...but if i got a white one accidentally i'd keep it. As much as i dont usually like white phones, i think the 920 in white looks cool.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I would keep it. I have a black 920 but really, really wanted either yellow or white. In the end, I got the black because it was cheaper and less conspicuous. The 920 in white is gorgeous. Definitely keep it.

Jowiso

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I would keep it. I have a black 920 but really, really wanted either yellow or white. In the end, I got the black because it was cheaper and less conspicuous. The 920 in white is gorgeous. Definitely keep it.

Thanks - I was leaning toward keeping it, as well. Nice to see that so many people find it so attractive. I'll report back once I receive it!

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the white, and when I compared all of them, I felt the white version looked the best. Everyone is different though. I don't have stuff that is flashy or that stands out, but I feel the white is very professional and is sleek. I feel it is the best option out of all the colors.

en0x#AC

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I had black lumia 920 since launch but i had some issues so i sent it to nokia for repair... like getting very very hot...
In the meantime i got myself new lumia 920 red on amazon and i dig the red one more than the black one ;)

rwcrossman

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a white 920 and absolutely love it. I thought about the yellow but the white just looks so sleek and classy. In the end it all boils down to what you like, but that's my 2 cents.

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Just a post for fun/to get people's opinions on the Lumia 920 color variants.

I've had a black Lumia 920 since launch day (still absolutely in love with the phone), but I'm ing major battery drain/restart issues. AT&T replaced my device, but they sent me the white version of the phone. It's still in the mail, so I don't have it in my hands yet, but what do you guys think of white?

I think I'm totally fine with it, and I realize it'll be a switch from matte to glossy, but does the white Lumia 920 still look classy? Does it still seem like a solidly built device, not a cheap toy? I have the option to send back the white one, so it's also in the back of my mind.

I won't know for sure until I see it - but what do you think? Should I switch it up? I'm a young professional, so I want something that won't seem obnoxious in a work meeting/environment (e.g. Red or Yellow).

Let's get your thoughts! :smile:

Dude. You're young. You should not have any problem rocking a white one. Life will be boring enough.

Jowiso

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I'll trade ya I have black wanted red or blue but got black still love my Lumia 920

Are you on AT&T or using unlocked? I have a friend who had the 928 with Verizon and needed to send it back under warranty, they offered him the option of colors for his replacement device. Just as an FYI - if you ever need to get in replaced under warranty, mention getting a different color. I wouldn't be surprised if they allowed it.

If not, there's always the colored CC-1043 case from Nokia!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans