Xbox Music Pass NOT WORKING!!!

carlosrdd

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I just got my replacement L920 today and my music pass is not working at all but on top of that the I can not buy songs or listen to the preview. My friend's L920 is having the same problem. WP support told me it's an on going issue something about their security being updated.

Anyone else having problems?

jrnag24

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
when I added my 820 to my account along with my 920 and HTC Surround it didn't play anything from my music pass but after a few restarts and letting it sit overnight it worked fine in the morning. not sure what the problem was but it works now so yours will likely work tomorrow as well

bpmurr

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Mines not working either. It keeps throwing a 805a0193 code. I can download and install apps fine just not play music. The device also won't register with Xbox as an approved playback device and I haven't reached my maximum number of devices so that's not the issue.

bpmurr

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
In Maryland, USA on the AT&T network. It looks like it's just effecting new devices because when you first use your Windows Phone device with Xbox Music it should register with the account but it's not.

thewaterbird

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine's not working either. Got a new 720 yesterday and was trying to figure out why I couldn't access my music pass. Support this morning are saying the problem is still not fixed. I'm in Canada.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
MSFT know about the issue, chatted to a tech and said it may be from new security measures. Worst thing is that my free pass expires tomorrow and I've not been able to DL since yesterday.

rocksteady

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, mine isn't working either. I recieved my replacement 920 from warranty on monday. it worked fine all monday night and tuesday. stopped working yesterday morning.

my wifes phone works fine however still (we use the same microsoft account and share xbox music). the only difference that i can tell between the phones is that for some reason under "email + accounts" i have "Microsoft" as the main account. My wife has "Live" as the main account

there is more replies here on the microsoft support forum that i started yesterday morning after talking with support.

Cannot download/stream music from xbox music on lumia 920 error - Microsoft Community

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Wow, same thing for me. Can't even get into my account. I have had a pass for at least a year. Just got new 928 and no music from Xbox.

bpmurr

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
They had me go through the account recovery process but I think that's just a standard troubleshooting step. The rep said they're getting a lot of support requests for this issue and MS is working on it. Just think if this kind of stuff happened with the proposed Xbox One DRM. Yikes!

VegaNovus

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Guess we're lucky some of the DRM was dropped on the XB1. Gonna hard reset my 820 for a laugh to see if the issue happens with me

rocksteady

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
yeah. windows 8 xbox music works fine. just my phone as well.

i tried moving music from my pc to my phone to see if it would kind of "juke" it into working. but my phone wouldn't verify rights.

rocksteady

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
They had me go through the account recovery process but I think that's just a standard troubleshooting step. The rep said they're getting a lot of support requests for this issue and MS is working on it. Just think if this kind of stuff happened with the proposed Xbox One DRM. Yikes!

haha, yeah, hopefully they would have that figured out. jesus. if a Simcity happened to Xbox one at launch.....game over.

carlosrdd

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Just spoke with with a rep and he made me reset my Microsoft account and it still won't work... They say there working on it but have no time table. It seems to only be affecting new phones. I was also told to restart my phone twice a day and try to download. Hope this gets fixed asap...

dbeattie99999

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I got an htc 8x yesterday got the Xbox music pass but can't download anything have tried restarting twice so far but most I can get is the 30 second preview of the songs

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
@@Carlosrdd

I was told to do the same thing, made no difference except separate my accounts. Getting 30 sec previews only. My music pass expires 2morrow midnight.

carlosrdd

May 31, 2012
Visit site
@greycounciller

Same here but now idk whether to turn it on again or not... They need to fix this fast because a friend of mine just got a L920 (after i told him how awesome it is) but he is big on music and after paying $10 bucks he cannot even play a song... I can deal with it and wait for a fix but I can see how if you're new to WP and have to deal with this **** i wouldn't blame you for jumping ship.... Sad-Face

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster