L920 charging

angietan

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 920 (sometimes) and charger plug gets ridiculously hot after some time while charging. I'm worried that it might burn up or something.. Never experience this problem for all my other phone chargers before. What's the problem?
My phone also heats up real bad while whatsapping and using some other apps for quite some time. Also it heats up by itself sometimes when im not using it. I've tries turning off NFC, location etc but nothing works.
Please help? :(

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, there's a couple of things going on here.

920s will always get hot when charged, its the charging coil in the back. Its totally normal. Only worry if the phone is too hot to touch.

The processor heat issue (when using apps and games etc) should be fixable via a reset.

Back all your stuff up and then go into options and do a reset.

You may get the constant gears after the reset. If you do, DONT PANIC, heres what you do.

Step 1) allow battery to die.

Step 2) plug phone in

Step 3) on Nokia screen press VOL UP, VOL DOWN, POWER, VOL DOWN. In that order.

Step 4) when then handset reloads into Nokia screen press and hold VOL DOWN, POWER AND CAMERA. Phone will reset and go black.

Step 5) om black screen press and hold POWER and VOL DOWN.

Hey presto, your 920 now runs faster, cooler and longer with much better battery life.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
My phone is cold to touch when charging, which is how a modern phone should be.

I would call Nokia Care rather than attempt some odd suggestions.

It is possible for the phone to get hot unrelated to charging - if apps are stuck running in the background, but a regular reboot will address that. That and disabling background processes in the settings, especially those that use the GPS like Nokia/HERE Drive.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
my lumia 920 gets hot as well while charging, I live in a very hot place, so it's normal for me, while playing games it gets hot as well, but only with heavy ones, such as asphalt 7

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
My phone is cold to touch when charging, which is how a modern phone should be.

I would call Nokia Care rather than attempt some odd suggestions.

1) it specifically states in the manual for the phone and the charging plates that the phone will get hot. In nokias words (this is completely normal and due to the charing coil in the back)

2) the reset protocals are the instructions Nokia care gave to me.

angietan

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
1) it specifically states in the manual for the phone and the charging plates that the phone will get hot. In nokias words (this is completely normal and due to the charing coil in the back)

2) the reset protocals are the instructions Nokia care gave to me.

Then what about wall charger heating up? The plug is really hot when it is plugged into the socket. (The one which they gave together with phone) Sometimes its almost like burning my hand when I touch it for few seconds.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Then what about wall charger heating up? The plug is really hot when it is plugged into the socket. (The one which they gave together with phone) Sometimes its almost like burning my hand when I touch it for few seconds.

that's odd, the phone getting hot is normal, but the plug shouldn't get too hot as its not a transformer. Try a different plug, see if that gets hot too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2