a Battery problem identified , confirmation needed.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
So I switched to the latest firmware update last week (months too late) . this just happened as I came back from my home country to KSA and had to get a new temporary sim card.
So I went to Mobily (which was closer than the alternatives) and it just so happened that my Lumia920 is a Mobily phone ( Mobily imported and sold the device first and as the result even the FW has Mobily in its name (the packaging too.)
anyways I got the 4g enabled sim , put it in my phone and forgot about it for 2 days.

I enabled all the services I had (even background ones) like location , tap to send and xbox gaming , got 20+ live tiles and an always on connection and my battery lasted an astonishing 12 hours !!! (bare in mind I used it more than 5 hours mainly for surfing and whatsapping with some death worm action )

I previously could've made my phone last for a day and a half , though I'd shutdown every thing and set the screen to "low", i'd shut cell data off and use only wifi and basically don't do anything for more than an hour on it .
only now and it seemed after the update the device has gotten GREAT battery life .
So I got back my old sim (which belongs to different telecom) I put it in and went ahead with my life , the next day got my phone off my wireless charger and proceeded to work .
6 hours in the phone entered Battery Saving mode !!!. and bare in mind that my old sim is a 3g one and I really didn't browse as much as I did the day before (I was too busy to do so).
So I figured I'd put back my 4g sim and today I became certain that it was indeed the sim that is causing the drainage
So either the Lumia920 works well with 4g sims and networks and has better battery life for it.
Or the Lumia 920 prefers networks with better coverage (mobily has better coverage in my neighborhood)
Or Telecoms that invests in Lumia 920 could have better performance than those who don't.

Please try to switch sims to 4g (if at all possible of course)
Or at least change your telecom (use a family member's sim for example.)

your feedback will be welcomed.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Your post isn't entirely clear when you got great battery life.

The gist sounds like you think 4G helps.

On my phone the battery issues appear mostly related to apps/OS not the cellular service, although service will have an impact for sure - 3G/4G and distance to tower.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Your post isn't entirely clear when you got great battery life.

The gist sounds like you think 4G helps.

On my phone the battery issues appear mostly related to apps/OS not the cellular service, although service will have an impact for sure - 3G/4G and distance to tower.
I wrote this on my phone so it might be a little rough around the edges

Yes the great battery life aoccurred after switching to another network I just want to see if its the network or the 3g\4g change
SSorry again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium