My Mistake.

Mpm277

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
So if anybody remembers me, I got a 920 on launch. Many aspects of the phone I absolutely loved (the aesthetics of the device and OS, fan-freaking-tastic camera, absolutely gorgeous screen, etc.) and a few aspects of the phone I hated (absolutely terrible battery life no matter what I tired - and I tried everything, dust under the front camera, etc.). I eventually returned it, thought it about which phone to go ahead with for a while and finally ended up with a Samsung Galaxy 3. Got that phone a couple months ago. Gosh-motherfreaking-DANG I miss my 920. Even with the terrible battery life.

The S3 is practically unusable in daylight. Even on the brightest setting, you can barely - BARELY - see the screen.
It has terrible battery life as well (although I suspect I may have slightly worse than others I've spoke with who have the phone).
Camera certainly isn't as good as the Lumia.

Those are just a few things as to not make this a crazy long thread. I'm just aggravated I didn't keep it and wish I could still return my S3 for the Nokia. Thanks for reading; had to vent.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I am very impressed with how Nokia has made their screens so readable in bright daylight. It is amazing to be able to easily view the screen in directly overhead, hot Texas sunlight during the 5 minute walk to my car every day. No squinting or shading anything with my hand :)

Will you be getting the EOS then? ;)

Mpm277

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Haha don't think I'd be able to afford/justify the price of the eos buying it outright. I do think I'm going to sell my s3 and buy another 920 on ebay tho. Hopefully some of those problems I had with my launch device (battery, heating, etc) have largely been solved since then - although browsing the forum hints otherwise. Too bad I can't get my wireless charging plate back for free haha. I think I may try to hunt down a cyan model.

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I am very impressed with how Nokia has made their screens so readable in bright daylight. It is amazing to be able to easily view the screen in directly overhead, hot Texas sunlight during the 5 minute walk to my car every day. No squinting or shading anything with my hand :)

Will you be getting the EOS then? ;)
That's probably my favorite feature of my lumia! I like to run and play music and I love being able to clearly see my songs even under that hot San Anton' sun

savingpvtbryan

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I had some major battery issues when I first got my Lumia 920. It got much better after one of the previous updates.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

benrp

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
So if anybody remembers me, I got a 920 on launch. Many aspects of the phone I absolutely loved (the aesthetics of the device and OS, fan-freaking-tastic camera, absolutely gorgeous screen, etc.) and a few aspects of the phone I hated (absolutely terrible battery life no matter what I tired - and I tried everything, dust under the front camera, etc.). I eventually returned it, thought it about which phone to go ahead with for a while and finally ended up with a Samsung Galaxy 3. Got that phone a couple months ago. Gosh-motherfreaking-DANG I miss my 920. Even with the terrible battery life.

The S3 is practically unusable in daylight. Even on the brightest setting, you can barely - BARELY - see the screen.
It has terrible battery life as well (although I suspect I may have slightly worse than others I've spoke with who have the phone).
Camera certainly isn't as good as the Lumia.

Those are just a few things as to not make this a crazy long thread. I'm just aggravated I didn't keep it and wish I could still return my S3 for the Nokia. Thanks for reading; had to vent.

Yeah, I've had intermittent battery issues too, ok recently though, perhaps updated have helped, I know they fixed bricking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99