Don't know why I like the 920

mark1914

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had three 920's since the release last fall. I bought then sold then bought again then sold. Something keeps drawing me back to this phone. I own a Note2 and an i5. And those two OS have things my 920 doesn't and yet I find myself picking up the yellow 920 for daily use. There's no instagram video no Vine and no banking app I need. Still I like the yellow color and solid feel. I even picked up a Surface RT to expand my ecosystem. What gives?

Last edited by a moderator:

shegg77

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Don't know why

Well the vine app is coming, and from experience with the beta its very nice, and the instagram app, instance, works fine as well. Not sure about banking, though.

mark1914

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Don't know why

Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out why I enjoy this phone so much. I think its the feel, the color and its just different from what everyone has. I live in St. Louis and I have not seen another Lumia in public. I see them at our new Microsoft store and in the hands of the employees there but nowhere outside of the store. Guess that's why I like it.

mark1914

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Really? Where? I usually hang out in the Loop and CWE. Everyone where I work has either an iPhone or Galaxy. When I took my 920 yo the mall to get Zagg protected the guy doing it said he'd never worked on a yellow 920 and though it was real cool.

mark1914

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
If you've had three 920's and picked up an RT are you sure its the phone and not the OS that's drawing you back?
I guess you're correct. In some ways the OS is awesome. I like the app selection and exclusives. Nokia music➕ is sweet. I'm just starting to appreciate the camera and the different lenses.

mark1914

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
The color is def a plus for me. My friends all comment I'm too old (39) to have such a colorful phone. Said its not very appropriate for my age. Really? Yet they wear bright Nike running sneakers! Heck my students and athletes think I'm hip and cool. I'm not that boring teacher in the building!

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The color is def a plus for me. My friends all comment I'm too old (39) to have such a colorful phone. Said its not very appropriate for my age. Really? Yet they wear bright Nike running sneakers! Heck my students and athletes think I'm hip and cool. I'm not that boring teacher in the building!

You think that is bad. My family thinks I am nuts because of the Jeep I am building will match my phone (YELLOW). Not to mention my RC Jeep will also match. :winktongue:

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Don't worry about it man. You're only as old as you act.

mark1914

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. It doesn't matter to me. My yellow attracts investigation and many want to know what can it do over their phones. My buddy just last night asked me to snap a fee pics for him at the local mma fights despite him having a 4s.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Just at Macy's the other day and the employee that helped me saw my phone and was enamored with it, MS just has to bite the damn bullet and throw $ behind advertising and get the word out.

mark1914

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree. People here don't know a lot about W8 phones. We just got MS store in the mall so I expect to see more Lumias. I think what's holding some back is the lack of social apps they are used to on ios and android. I admit I will keep my ios around so I can swap out if I miss some other apps.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

39 is old? Oh well I guess I need to accept reality then. But back on topic, I'd agree that there's something with this phone which I can't pinpoint myself on why I love it. Something draws me to keep on using it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
The Vine app 6sec works great (in closed beta right now) and the developer of Instance will release the update for the video playback and recording soon!

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
yeah im on the same boat...my windows phone just got stolen, and everyone wants to sell me a Samsung 4 or a iPhone 4/4s
mind you, im a feen when it comes to social media (snapchat, vine, instagram, twitter, tumblr...list goes on and on) and all my college friends have iphones..and even with me knowing Windows shortcomings.. im just like 'nahh i'll just get another windows phone again' :p

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the 920 at the moment but I am getting the 925 in black when it comes out in a few days time. As we know it is essentially the 920 which lost a bit of weight, got a new body and an amoled screen. One thing that is bothering me is the 16GB only model. You can get a 32GB here in the UK if you sign up on a Vodafone contract which I don't want to do, so what ill be doing is listening to my music in the cloud, which I have no problem with to be honest. They are both fanatic phone. You must have a love for both Nokia's industry leading hardware quality and the smoothness and ease of use of Windows phone. No problem with that what so ever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb