Car charger while using gps

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I had similar problems with a BlackBerry of mine. It said it was incapable of charging using the attached power cable even though it was the one from BlackBerry itself. I was able to fix it by buying a DC with a pre-attached cord rather than using one with a removable USB cable. It powered the phone up very quickly. Try it and see if it works in this circumstance.

sandman

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I had similar problems with a BlackBerry of mine. It said it was incapable of charging using the attached power cable even though it was the one from BlackBerry itself. I was able to fix it by buying a DC with a pre-attached cord rather than using one with a removable USB cable. It powered the phone up very quickly. Try it and see if it works in this circumstance.

That worked! I picked this one up and it charges very quickly.

http://m.rocketfishproducts.com/m/products/mobile-phones-gps/RF-PMC55.html

However, the micro USB connector is so tight I am afraid it will break in my phone. I'll be looking for one that isn't so snug.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
You need a USB "Charging" cable. Without it, no more than 500ma are feed into your phone and it can't keep up with the ampere draw from the GPS. There's a few threads here about it.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a cradle for my Lumia 920 and a USB connector (blekin I believe)...i was hoping to use a BB cable or the one that came with my phone...but looks like it ain't that easy lol...damn.

sandman

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
You need a USB "Charging" cable. Without it, no more than 500ma are feed into your phone and it can't keep up with the ampere draw from the GPS. There's a few threads here about it.

That's why I used the cable that came with the phone. I figured if any cable would be capable of a higher amperage, it would be the cable that came with it. I guess I was wrong.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
That's why I used the cable that came with the phone. I figured if any cable would be capable of a higher amperage, it would be the cable that came with it. I guess I was wrong.

The cable that comes with the phone is good for data & charging (500ma).A charging cable has the data pair shorted which allows full amperage from your charger. There's a few threads here where people made their own charging cable.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
The cable that comes with the phone is good for data & charging (500ma).A charging cable has the data pair shorted which allows full amperage from your charger. There's a few threads here where people made their own charging cable.

interesting feedback, never considered that...dammit. wish i stuck with the dedicated charging cable i had in my hands.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05