It seems my battery drains using the gps (Navigon or Here Drive+) while using a car charger. I have tried two high amp chargers along with the micro USB cable that came with my 920.

http://m.rocketfishproducts.com/m/pr.../RF-M657D.html

http://m.rocketfishproducts.com/m/pr...RF-DC1U2N.html

Has anybody found a car charger that can keep up?
    06-22-2013 04:12 PM
    I had similar problems with a BlackBerry of mine. It said it was incapable of charging using the attached power cable even though it was the one from BlackBerry itself. I was able to fix it by buying a DC with a pre-attached cord rather than using one with a removable USB cable. It powered the phone up very quickly. Try it and see if it works in this circumstance.
    sandman likes this.
    06-22-2013 04:46 PM
    06-22-2013 09:18 PM
    I had similar problems with a BlackBerry of mine. It said it was incapable of charging using the attached power cable even though it was the one from BlackBerry itself. I was able to fix it by buying a DC with a pre-attached cord rather than using one with a removable USB cable. It powered the phone up very quickly. Try it and see if it works in this circumstance.
    That worked! I picked this one up and it charges very quickly.

http://m.rocketfishproducts.com/m/pr.../RF-PMC55.html

However, the micro USB connector is so tight I am afraid it will break in my phone. I'll be looking for one that isn't so snug.
    06-22-2013 09:30 PM
    You need a USB "Charging" cable. Without it, no more than 500ma are feed into your phone and it can't keep up with the ampere draw from the GPS. There's a few threads here about it.
    06-22-2013 10:43 PM
    I just bought a cradle for my Lumia 920 and a USB connector (blekin I believe)...i was hoping to use a BB cable or the one that came with my phone...but looks like it ain't that easy lol...damn.
    06-22-2013 11:58 PM
    You need a USB "Charging" cable. Without it, no more than 500ma are feed into your phone and it can't keep up with the ampere draw from the GPS. There's a few threads here about it.
    That's why I used the cable that came with the phone. I figured if any cable would be capable of a higher amperage, it would be the cable that came with it. I guess I was wrong.
    06-24-2013 10:39 PM
    I'm really looking for one with an attached coil cord. I don't want to keep up with a special "charger" cable. I tired this one from staples:
    Staples Dual Device Rapid Car Charger- Micro USB | Staples

Even though it is rated at 2 amps, it won't keep up.

The search continues.
    06-24-2013 10:41 PM
    That's why I used the cable that came with the phone. I figured if any cable would be capable of a higher amperage, it would be the cable that came with it. I guess I was wrong.
    The cable that comes with the phone is good for data & charging (500ma).A charging cable has the data pair shorted which allows full amperage from your charger. There's a few threads here where people made their own charging cable.
    sandman and cidama4 like this.
    06-24-2013 10:48 PM
    I'm really looking for one with an attached coil cord. I don't want to keep up with a special "charger" cable. I tired this one from staples:
    Staples Dual Device Rapid Car Charger- Micro USB | Staples

Even though it is rated at 2 amps, it won't keep up.

The search continues.
    2amps is more than enough. It needs a charging cable.
    06-24-2013 10:49 PM
    Well, I have Nokia car charger (with double output) and it works fine when using Drive with Lumia 920.
    Jaripi likes this.
    06-25-2013 01:14 AM
    The cable that comes with the phone is good for data & charging (500ma).A charging cable has the data pair shorted which allows full amperage from your charger. There's a few threads here where people made their own charging cable.
    interesting feedback, never considered that...dammit. wish i stuck with the dedicated charging cable i had in my hands.
    06-25-2013 09:21 AM
    Well, I have Nokia car charger (with double output) and it works fine when using Drive with Lumia 920.
    Same here, Nokia DC-20 dual output car charger is working well and it charges my pad well too ...

Nokia Dual USB Charger DC-20 Specifications - Nokia
    06-25-2013 10:47 AM