On my Lumia 920, I discovered yet another app that simply will not update on my device. One is MetroTube. (paid version) Youtube, the updated version Microsoft dropped and the newest one, MonsterUp Adventures also paid. I decided to uninstall what I had to see if it would install the paid again and it wants me to pay again. Anyone else have this issue?
    06-23-2013 11:51 AM
    Yep. It's a bug on Microsoft's side. It seems that the Windows Store location the apps used to be in can "move" for certain apps. This causes updates not to work, and for the app to be shown as "No longer available" in your purchase history for the app (go ahead, try clicking on the name of the app, you will get some sort of "Not found in the store" kind of page).

My problem was with MetroTalk as well, exact same issue. After weeks of being frustrated that I couldn't update, and seeing the update notification taunt me and never disappear from the store, I uninstalled and had to purchase again.

Here's how to fix it: Go to windowsphone.com and start a live chat with support. I've always ended up with my chats on Sundays, I have no idea why, but they seem to always be there. Let them know of your exact issue. In my case, since my original purchase was made via debit/credit card (carrier charged purchases won't work), I was prompted to purchase the app again while in live chat. The rep waited a few mins for it to show up and then refunded me right away. Well, in my case, it got escalated because I've been having some account problems, so I am still waiting on a refund since the system wouldn't let the agent refund my account when he tried.

Still. Give it a shot 😄
    06-23-2013 12:01 PM
    Nice. I will check that out. I need to see if I can get this resolved.
    06-23-2013 08:35 PM