A nice stylus for our super sensitive screens?

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I have various phones with the super sensitive screen. I want a stylus to use with it, but not one of those fugly andimprecise rounded tip capacitive styli. What i would really like is a fine tipped stylus that works on our screens, and i like the size/width/tip of the s-pen. Anyone know if the s-pen works on our phones? Or can suggest any other stylus around that size that works with our screens? I know metal works great as i am using my business key as a stylus but i want a more elegant solution. Thanks!

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Darn. Thanks for trying though. I guess I will be on the lookout for a stylus with a metal point. Anyone else have any suggestions?

lubccci

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I also tried the Note 2 pen..and it doesn't work..but now I'm using as a stylus the classic pencil...It's working..very good...I see nothing on the screen,no scratches...

murat dogusan

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
He literally is referring to a pencil. The super sensitive screen works with literally any fine tipped object.

View attachment 36436

dude it is notthat good. its so far from being that good. i went to a shop with many pens in my pocket tried them all plastic ones aluminum ones ones with some kinda metal even i dont know what and did not register neither of them. it doesnt even feel 3.5mm headphone jacks if you are holding it vertically.

my solution? i havent tried it (and i dont even own a lumia... yet) samsung c pen. it is a regular stylus but with 3mm tip. also tehre are c pen clones on ebay for like 5 to 10 bucks if you dont wanna pay 30bucks to samsung which i say dont do it.

also there is another potion if you are willing to pay 20 bucks. there is tegra note 7 pro stylus which has a 2mm tip for tegra note 7 tablet. it is also a regular capasitive stylus but very fine tip. that would also work. but i would say this two options would be the only reliable options.

Manabendra Gogoi

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
My dear friend, our lumias and for that matter, most of the good quality smartphones are capacitive displays without digitizers (unlike Samsung Notes). Our screens are designed in such a way that if something smaller than a centimeter in diameter touches it, it won't respond, treating it as an error. This is the reason fine tipped styli don't work on them.

Here comes a stylus that is designed to provide comfort of a superfine tip and a cellophane of 1cm dia all around the tip to cheat the touch processor. You may as well achieve one with a DIY, but I wouldn't suggest it because it is humiliating to have a gorgeous Lumia on one hand and a poor looking pen on another. Please go for Adonit Jot Pro. It's the best I have seen so far.

Hope I helped

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just got a jot and really like it. Works great with FreshPaint. Anyone have any other apps that would be good for stylus use? Looking for suggestions for my 1520 or Surface.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
If I need a fine tip for a fee moments, I just use my car key. Fine tip, and works with super sensitive screen! Plus I always have them with me!

ETX808

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
That's pretty neat! Didn't manage to get the keys to work on the 930, but one of those L shaped Ikea tools did. Not a great drawing tool though which was what I was aiming for.

ETX808

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I did end up ordering the Nvidia Shield pen to try on the Lumia 930 in some faint (and unrealistic) hope of making it a poor mans Galaxy Note running Windows Phone : ).

Used Fresh Paint and InNote to test.

In short - it doesn't work very well. Strokes will register about 80% of the time if you hold the phone in your hand (and often not at all if you're not holding it). Strokes break up, and sometimes you have to try a few times before it will draw. Smaller details can't be drawn at all (you have to draw a short distance before a stroke starts to register). Tested in on a Galaxy S3 as well where it performed somewhat better - but still not to any point where it could be considered useful. I suppose there's just no way around having a real digitizer if you want to draw on these things (which I sort of knew... but when you really want something to work then... : ) Use a Vaio Flip 15A on the computer side to draw which is an absolute blast and still amazes me a year after I got it. Crossing fingers and hoping the next Lumia will include an N-trig or Wacom pen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa