Software Update 1311 for Lumia 920 in India

SHARATHM

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Here is the scene..
I am from India, and I have a Lumia 920, which I bought back in Feb,2013. My wife has a Lumia 720 which was bought in April,2013. The 720 has the new xxx.1311 firmware and Radio version 2.0.xxx. My phone still runs the 1308 firmware and Radio version 1.0.xxx.
The 1308 version has problems..
Ex: As soon as I finish a call, my network indicator sticks start to go down, and I see the 'No connection' icon before it comes back again. As if the radio is resetting itself. This happens after every single call. So i need to wait till about a minute before making calls. Anyone else faced this? I was having call dropping problems for which I had to take the phone to Nokia care, and they installed a firmware fix. The 720, has no such issues though..

What I wanted to know was, when will this software update be available for my Lumia 920 (which I am hoping will address this problem). If phones are being sold with newer firmwares and updates, shouldn't the existing phone owners get them as well? I have the high end variant of the Lumia range, and since OTA is supported, I was wondering when I would see this update on my phone.
Is anyone from Nokia part of this forum who can give me answers to the problem and the other question above.

Thanks..

-
Sharath

Last edited:

tipu2185

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I guess there is no way to check which product code will get OTA update on what schedule. Here in Pakistan I am also on 1308 and no OTA is received after that.

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site
for call disconnecting issue try this
setting > mobile network (cellular)> network selection do not set it automatic try to select it manually

chandanbs

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi vimukthi.. i have been using 920 with your suggested setting.. still face a huge connectivity issue.. the audio gets chopped off at regular times..

SHARATHM

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
My call dropping problem got solved after i took it to nokia care.. i dont know what firmware I had before.. but as of now its running 1308.
But my point is, why are newer phones being released with newer firmwares, but older ones are not getting updates...

mahesham22

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi
I have been using my lumia 920 since the launch in India and never found any connection drop or voice quality issue except those situations when there is actually signal problems. I am on same firmware version ie 1308

Mahesh

Sent from my RM-821_im_india_443 using Tapatalk

chandanbs

May 3, 2013
Visit site
hello vimukthi,
my firmware is 1308.. and a lot of folks have advised us not to go to the latest firmware.. (ofcourse its not available on OTA..).. it has battery heating and drainage issues i guess..

SHARATHM

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I have major problems.. i am sometimes on a 2G network..with Wifi ON..and the phone hangs.. in the sense.. the touch screen does not work..everything else is fine.. i can see emails coming through even when the touch screen is rendered useless..
I am gonna take it to Nokia care.. and hopefully things will be solved. This is the 'flagship' phone right. I mean, things should work flawlessly for me, especially considering the money I paid.
And I am going to get an answer as to why I don't get the OTA updates.. As I type this.. my phone is hung... I get calendar alerts, SMS notifications, but I cant use the touch screen. Rebooted the device approximately 8 times already via the Volume Down, Power button technique (soft reset)

Before this I had a iPhone (First Gen). For 5 years, no issues.. I was on 3.1.3 iOS version there, and even now that phone works!

This is the final throw of the dice for me. If I have to do one more visit to the Nokia care, then I am getting out of WP8 for good. I need stuff that works... and works with some degree of certainty. I don't want my phone to hang, just because i wanted to text to a number..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softradix