Something loose in Lumia 920?

soggs

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping I can get a bit of advice from the 920 users on here. I got a replacement 920 last week after my original one had a very poor battery that didn't even last a morning!

However I think that my replacement is a bit of a duff one too :cry: When on a call, if I move I can hear a slight knocking in the earpiece, and if I gently shake the phone I can definitely hear something loose. When the phone rings the vibration does make quite a noise, nothing like my original phone.

You can also hear the problem when recording video and I move the phone. I've attached a link to a short video which shows the problem, and how loud it is when picked up by the mic on the phone [video]http://sdrv.ms/146U4XP[/video].

Everything else on the phone is perfect, battery life is fine, no creaks in the body of the phone etc, so I'm reluctant to swap it again, but I'm not sure I can live with this, especially if it gets worse.

I tried my local store who don't have stock of the phone any more and aren't willing to get me a replacement, only a refund. I can get a replacement if I phone Orange customer services here in the UK, but I'm pretty sure it will be a refurb rather than a brand new boxed phone, and considering I only bought the original 3 weeks ago this doesn't seem fair. I love the phone and really don't want to go back to my iPhone, WP8 is such a nice fluid OS going back to IOS would be a nightmare.

What do people on here think? Take the refund and hope I can find another 920 at a decent price, or go with the refurb and hope it's not one that's an unwanted returned device? Or do I stick with this device and hope it doesn't get worse or cause any problems? :unhappy:

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I suggest you contact Stephen Elop about this. If you have gone thru alot of trouble with your 920 its best you contact him. The Nokia team is very helpful and will most likely replace your device with a new one. You can find his email on Google as I do not want to name it. He helped with replacing my disastrous 920 with a new one.

soggs

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I suggest you contact Stephen Elop about this. If you have gone thru alot of trouble with your 920 its best you contact him. The Nokia team is very helpful and will most likely replace your device with a new one. You can find his email on Google as I do not want to name it. He helped with replacing my disastrous 920 with a new one.

Thanks for the information, I'll definitely consider that if I have any more problems because after a lot of phone calls between myself and Orange I have a brand new replacement handset arriving on Monday :smile:

Fingers crossed this one is ok as I don't fancy going through all the hassle I've had again.

VinceGio

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
When I read this post this Monday, I knew exactly what you described, I have it too you see.

What I did then was that I sent a mail to Stephen, noting every single issue that I have with my phone,
The day after, I got a mail from Stephen saying that he forwarded it to his team, I got a phone call by the Care service and we made a 'deal', he'd give me a paper saying that it should be replaced DIRECTLY, not troubleshooted and an attempt of repair.
So I am going to put that paper together with my phone in a box and send it to the care service point and they'll replace it directly.

So if anything else would happen, Soggs. Do like WP8Expert said and you'll get a new one in no time!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven