Completely bricked Lumia 920!

BithipI

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey there!

So I'm having major issues with my Lumia 920. I was playing a game a few nights ago, when the phone locked up completely. I let the phone set for a few minutes, then did the soft reset (down volume, power). The phone booted normally, then when I went to start using the phone again it locked up once more. The soft reset didn't bring it back around, so I tried the hard reset (down volume, camera then power button) and it vibrated and the screen went black. Now the phone won't respond to any input. When I plug it into the computer, it came up saying that the driver qhsusb_dload couldn't be found. I went out and found the driver, one for the Qualcomm chipset inside, and loaded it on my computer, Windows 7 64-bit. Now, when plugged in, the computer will recognize the USB device, but it can't do anything with it. Even in the Nokia Care Suite, having flashed the phone once before when it bricked, there is no way that I can get the phone to even come back to the notorious gears screen. Has anyone run into this issue?

Thanks so much!

BithipI

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Is what you tried what is listed here?
Yes, this is what I tried. The problem is still persisting, I just haven't had the time to sit down and try anything else. I'm going to post a few screen shots below to show exactly what's going down!

Remember, my OS is Windows 7 64Bit.
Device manager ss.png

In the above screenshot, I've traced that when I plug the phone into a port, it displays as the Qualcomm HS-USB QDLOADER 9008, the only thing that changes is the comport displayed.

Driver install SS.png

This is the driver install that displays whenever the phone is plugged into a previously un-used USB port. This is directly into the tower of my desktop, not into a USB Hub.

ofaccioli

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Lumia 920 - RM 821.
Already tried all the tools of Nokia, but without results, no vibrate and no image.
My Lumia has stopped completely and I can not fix it.

mfmkhatri

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
This happened with me last week. The only way I fix on the internet is using the RIFF box aka Jtag box. It is an advanced method requiring soldering some leads onto the mainboard of the phone and running a software. Basically, the boot area get corrupted resulting in this kind of error. I am taking my phone to a local dealer to see if they can fix it.

drushtant

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey there!

So I'm having major issues with my Lumia 920. I was playing a game a few nights ago, when the phone locked up completely. I let the phone set for a few minutes, then did the soft reset (down volume, power). The phone booted normally, then when I went to start using the phone again it locked up once more. The soft reset didn't bring it back around, so I tried the hard reset (down volume, camera then power button) and it vibrated and the screen went black. Now the phone won't respond to any input. When I plug it into the computer, it came up saying that the driver qhsusb_dload couldn't be found. I went out and found the driver, one for the Qualcomm chipset inside, and loaded it on my computer, Windows 7 64-bit. Now, when plugged in, the computer will recognize the USB device, but it can't do anything with it. Even in the Nokia Care Suite, having flashed the phone once before when it bricked, there is no way that I can get the phone to even come back to the notorious gears screen. Has anyone run into this issue?

Thanks so much!

this helped me
MyOwnSteps: [FIX] YOUR HARDBRICKED LUMIA PHONES [Only for QHSUSB_DLOAD lumia (black screen, no vibration)]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99