What are you expectations from GDR2 Update?

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I've heard numerous articles from internet that GDR2 update will further enhance Lumia 920 camera, add new features. Just like Android, it will have an option for task manager where you can kill unnecessary process that consume memory and drain battery. What are your expectations from GDR2 update for Lumia 920?

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Never heard anything about a task manager.

Should give support for FM radio and makes the Data Sense feature of Windows Phone 8 available. The GDR2 update also makes it easier to select, download, and pin tunes in Xbox Music and improves the accuracy of song info and other metadata.

The update includes hundreds of other small quality improvements. And it also ensures Windows Phone continues to work with Google services by adding support for the company?s newest sync protocols?CalDAV and CardDAV.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
WP doesn't need a task manager and the fast app switching is kinda a task manager as it is. I'm only afraid GDR2 doesn't have enough features and I'm doubtful it will come out soon enough. Still I can't wait for it, I've been a user since 2010 and have always loved the updates.

Actually, Nokia should be coming out with some pretty cool features at or around the same time as GSR2 so I'm super excited for those. I'm so glad Nokia is currently supporting windows phone full force!

NaNoo123

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Where did you get the info from about task manager ?
I Doubt it will come Ever on WP8
wonder if he meant the ability to close apps from the app switcher.
Which will be cool, hate pressing back button x amount of times.
anyway if that is what he meant, that was in blue/8.1 i believe.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
wonder if he meant the ability to close apps from the app switcher.
Which will be cool, hate pressing back button x amount of times.
anyway if that is what he meant, that was in blue/8.1 i believe.

Apart from closing apps using task manager android offers way to clear RAM which is required for WP devices to save the battery.

satycool

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't expect anything!...MS seems rather unbothered with WP. MS really do need to keep-up as Android phones have surpassed WP in all nearly all areas esp. with things like notifications, media functions and use, reminders/calendar/user interface and shortcuts, maps (realtime alternative routes, latitude, streetview which is integrated within maps, places that actually show reviews and photos of places listed and esp good with small businesses and places that are so lacking on W8 maps), camera functions and options, and even app management - where WP tiles can become clutter, confusing, even a memory test to remember where the tile was places(esp small). As for iPhone, the soon to be released iOS 7, which is looking very polished and clean yet adding more new features and improvements !..W8 really needs a make over!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 925s ship with GDR2 (from what I've been told?). Not sure what camera enhancements there will be, but I got to play with a 925 today and discovered that my app (ProShot) runs a bit smoother, and when clicking the back button to exit the app and return to the system's camera, the process was a hair quicker than my 920. I'm not sure if this is because there's updated hardware in the device, or if GDR2 actually runs a bit faster. Or perhaps it was all in my head cause that phone is so damn nice.

denkata99

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I would love to see the "field test" back since I have the AT&T version and I don't have 4g service, my battery is drained for 5 hours... I wowuld love a smoother WINDOWS PHONE 8. :D Just kidding. I compared my old SGS III to my LUMIA 920(which i've had for a couple of days) I noticed how buggy, laggy and heavy ANDORID is. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786