Thinking of switching to 920

anon(748538)

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Just saw a nice deal on Lumia 920.

I haven't used a Windows phone yet and currently using a Nexus. Would you recommend buying the 920 now?

Thanks.

NickG92

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Well the thing was that he spotted a nice deal, maybe he dont want to pay 600 dollars for a new phone, i say go for the Lumia 920, its a great phone and you will be more than satisfied!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

I haven't used a Windows phone yet and currently using a Nexus. Would you recommend buying the 920 now?

Well, you are on a 100% Windows Phone forum, so the obvious answer is that "YES, the OS is Great and you will love it."
So, your real question is like Nick said...how good was the deal, is it worth buying an older tech.

Is it free on contract? No, I wouldn't buy it. The next phone will be released in a couple of weeks and I doubt it will cost an arm and a leg.
Is it an outright purchase for $300? Heck yea, scoop that thing up no questions about it!

It is like you came in here and asked if buying a brown couch now was a good purchase. lol

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Well the thing was that he spotted a nice deal, maybe he dont want to pay 600 dollars for a new phone, i say go for the Lumia 920, its a great phone and you will be more than satisfied!

My advice still stands. Wait for the July announcement then decide if you want to buy the older 920 or spend the extra cash on the new phone. The 920 might even be a bit cheaper after the announcement.

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Depends on the deal. Full price or free on contract? I was in the same situation for the past 2 months as I researched into Windows Phone and tried to decide which phone I wanted. I was holding out for a free Lumia 920 with 2 year contract deal on AT&T. But I was also interested in the upcoming Lumia 925. I had little interest in waiting for the July Lumia EOS (or 1020) announcement since I don't need the better camera with same specs phone.

In the end, I finally switched to AT&T and a new Lumia 920 last weekend and only paid $7 for it after trading an old phone in to get the $100 deal. 2 year contract yes, but a reliable LTE network and if I have to, I'll sell it, ETF it, or early upgrade it in 12 months to get the newer 2014 Windows Phone 8.1 flagship phones. Which AT&T will probably get first! :smile:

More than happy with my decision so far. Just pick the phone you like the most.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I love my 920! I would recommend it to anyone willing to make a switch from Android. Don't worry about whats coming out next. There is ALWAYS going to be something "better" on the horizon. Its a great phone with a super slick screen, fast OS, and the best smartphone camera around. You won't be disappointed! Unless you're an app *****! :wink:

madbiologist

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I guess the questions are why are you thinking about WP? And why the 920 (which is undoubtedly a great phone)? What do you need to be happy with your purchase? With that we can give you a break down of whether the 920 is a good fit for you.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I love WP8 and my Lumia. That being said, I'll be objective and tell you that you have to get what works for you. If you never played with a Windows Phone before, go to a store and give it a try.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The 920 is a good enough phone although WP8 is a work in progress imho. I'm hoping future updates improve things but overall I'm happy with the 920....just.

One thing I'm struggling with is the lack of expandable memory. I may have the same amount of total space on the 920 as I did with my 808 including the microsd card but I find managing the space on the 920 more frustrating.

Graven Pshya

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If the deal is too good to pass up, then I'd get it! If you want to wait and see what the announcement is about and are still able to get that deal then I'd wait. If you can't get the deal when the announcement comes, well.. If the deal is super good or you want the newest phone then it's your choice.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

go for it - prices have come down considerably as the Lumia 920 isn't a new phone anymore - however, it's still state of the art and whatever Nokia will announce in July won't make it obsolete. I myself bought another one mainly because I got it for 399$ off-contract and find myself much happier with the app situation now that Tapatalk, several news app (ABC, NBC etc.), Feedly Cloud support are all there. The only app I still miss is Flipboard, as a matter of fact.

Thanks.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Switch from Android? Heck yes! Even my wife is ready to toss her Galaxy S3.

Buy 920 now, or wait? I just came from Sprint, and after waiting for an eternity for a new WP8 device, I jumped ship after they sent out another press release to announce the new handsets arriving just around the corner. Had to leave, the network has been even crappier the last 6 months. Anyhow, I thought about waiting for the EOS, but at the end of the day I decided to just get the 920. Love it. Although the EOS will have a much nicer photography set up, I don't think I will like the bulge in the backplate.

Whatever floats your boat, but I will say that getting the 920 now will hardly be regrettable.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I've just got a 920. I was going to wait but like someone above said, there's always something else on the horizon. The camera on the 920 is as good as I will ever need and the spec is good for a few years yet. There are some great deals on them at the minute.

Go for it.

anon(748538)

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies.

It took me awhile to decide between a Z10 and a 920. I went for a white 920, off-contract and a nice discount. The 925 is still a bit expensive out here!

anon(748538)

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I was actually thinking of buying it, but I needed to know more about the phone. So I went to a "110%" Windows phone forum, but at that time all I saw in this forum were posts about some issues with the phone.

But I bought the 920 anyway and I'm liking it.

hegalong

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Im one of the avid fan of lumia 920 where I read all the reviews, torture test...etc. I bought the 920 and my expectations fell short after 2-3 months of usage. I dont have a phone right now because i gave it to my sister. I'll wait for the 1020 or go for htc one.

I think it's wiser to wait for the nokia 1020.

Anyway congratz to your new phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12