I miss my Lumia 920

contributorM

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
About 5 or 6 months ago. I was with my kid and I dropped my Lumia 920. The front panel display is cracked. The device is quasi usable but I don't want to risk swiping my finger and getting cut on the glass.

Anyhoo, I've been using my company iPhone and I've noticed that I'm really starting to miss my Lumia. Yeah it was bulky. Yeah there aren't as many apps as Android or iPhone (And that was not a problem for me at first, but then became a problem, now I realize that it really isn't that big of a deal). I'm looking at front panel assemblies now and will just replace it and get it up and running again. I've realized that my windows phone development dreams have been put on hold due to my phone being broken and I want to make my first app by then end of the year. So I better get cracking (pun intended).

Anyone else felt any longing for a device, Lumia or otherwise after you didn't like it anymore because the "honeymoon" period was over?

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I was all fired-up to say that you won't get much sympanthy here but I guess I'll have to bite my tounge. GET OUT THERE AND GET IT FIXED BROTHER!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The 920 hasn't been out for over 12 months so you should have a manufacturers warranty still valid. If you are more of a hands-on DIY guy though you're in the right place for tips and tricks how to fit that screen and where you can get the cheapest ones!

contributorM

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Not according to AT&T. They say my repair warranty has expired. Which sucks, but I'm not going to pay full price for the phone just to get a new screen. I'll repair it myself. I've seen vids of guys replacing the screen on youtube. Any ideas where I can get a front panel assembly for the Lumia 920?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05