hotmail contacts stopped syncing to my phone

kilgore walleye

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This happened just today... all my contacts are on my Microsoft account and I use my @live email (I don't have any google synced to my phone at all). All my texts started coming in as phone numbers this morning (doesn't have the contact name). So I checked settings-->accounts--->Microsoft account and the only thing that it shows that I can sync from my Microsoft account is email. The email option is checked, but it doesn't even give an option to select calendar or contacts. Oddly, my calendar items are still viewable on the phone...maybe they are stored locally and only updated from the cloud.

Anyone know how I can get my Hotmail/outlook contacts back? I tried deleting the Microsoft account and adding it again, but when I press and hold on the Microsoft account, it won't let me delete it. It doesn't show a 'delete' option, just a 'sync' option.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Try going to settings, then applications, then people. In there should be information about accounts and filtering.

kilgore walleye

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks stmav. I checked that and it doesn't have any helpful options. At the bottom it has an "accounts" section, but if I tap on the Microsoft account, it takes me back to the same page described above, which doesn't have an option for contacts. I can't delete the account from this page either.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
@kilgore: if everything failed, I am afraid u will have to perform a hard reset of ur phone... Sorry m8, but I don't see any other solution.

sk8er_tor

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my BlackBerry Z10. I reloaded my phone's OS and still nothing. Contacts have stopped syncing but email and calendar work just fine. I just looked at my other device and it has also stopped syncing so I'm guessing it's a problem on Microsoft's end. Note, I'm using outlook.com email address.

kilgore walleye

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I think this might have something to do with something microsoft recently did to do away with linked accounts, in favor of aliases.

After chatting with Nokia rep, he had me a) reset the phone with volume down + power buttons (didn't work, returned back to the "gears" screen) and b) let the phone's battery die, remove the sim card, plug into the wall charger (didn't work, returned back to the "gears" screen). When these didn't work, he advised that I'd have to have the phone replaced under warranty. I wound up getting in touch with AT&T (who i purchased it from) and they are in the process of sending me a replacement phone right now. Sucks to be without a device over the holiday weekend, but at least it's being taken care of.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon