Done and Dusted with Nokia. Should I write to Elop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
If you want best customer support , its definitely Apple.

2 years back , upper volume button didn't work properly on iPod Touch and I took it to Apple service center under warranty and they replaced iPod Touch in two weeks

Apple would not help you with water damage. Ain't gonna happen.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The worst part of this is how much you like WP. Once you enjoy an OS, others will only remind you of what you had. I have had BlackBerry, WebOS, and now WP. I was okay with BlackBerry, but do not miss it. I love WP. But to this very day, I am reminded of what I miss about WebOS, and how much I enjoyed the way that phone worked. I get the feeling if you go Android, you will be fine, but you will miss things about WP. My wife had to move from WP to Android for business reasons. This has been a little over a month, and I am starting to hear "I miss....." quite often.

I urge you to write Mr. Elop as well. You are out nothing but the time it takes to type out an email. There is nothing wrong with Android. But, it isn't WP. And for those of us who love the OS, why settle? You live with these devices all day. It is worth the try.

Also, I see nothing wrong with how you handled this. Not sure why some people are suggesting you are not taking responsibility when it is obvious you are. You were promised a service from your local Nokia repair center, and they failed. Nothing wrong with being upset when they did not live up to what they promised in exchange for payment.

Nothing else, we will blame it on the rain. (Dated reference, bad pun alert.)

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This is all on you, man. Stop with the pity party. Stuff happens, deal with it.

Blame Nokia for your mistakes and then go on some silly rant about how you're leaving the OPERATING SYSTEM because of your misconceived notion that it's Nokia's fault that your phone suffered irreparable water damage. Completely irrational.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
"I drove my car in a lake, they tried to fix it, but are having a hard time. I hate their customer service."

Sounds silly when you break it down. I know you really liked your phone and I know how disappointed I would be not to have my L928 after having it for a bit now. I'm sure there is some kind of insurance support for electronic devices in India, not having it was your issue and getting it wet was your issue. You are mad you broke your phone, that they tried to fix it, and could not. That is the risk you take when you carry around a mini computer all the time. It really doesn't sound like a service issue to me, they are doing their best to fix a phone you bricked.

If they can't fix it, then the worst case is you ask for your service fee back for services not rendered.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I think that's the important question here: did Nokia refund your service fee? I'm assuming they did... I can't imagine they wouldn't... if they did, then they did nothing wrong here.

Oakdale Dude

May 17, 2013
Visit site
The best way to lessen the chances of water damage to a phone or any electronics.....move to the desert.

Your device may melt into a hunk of gooey plastic, but you won't have to worry about going round and round with Nokia or any company, cause it will be a cold day in Barstow before any them fix or reimburse a nickel for water damage. Nokia, Samsung, HTC, Apple or any of the rest.

Get any service fees back that you may have paid and buy a case of beer. It can help get over a Titanic-ized phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett