Lumia 920 stuck on gears after reset...

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried EVERYTHING you guys mention here. And also took it to a cell phone repair store. After 5 days, my phone is still bricked. I called Nokia Care twice. They said there is no place I can take my phone to fix in Canada because I bought mine from HongKong.
My phone is under warranty. I will have to send it back to HongKong to get an exchange.
It is very disappointing that I have to go through such an hassle to get the phone fixed. Why can't Nokia have some independent stores worldwide to have international warranty like Apple. Not that I support Apple, in fact, I hate it. I just wish Nokia could do a better job when it comes to deal with customers' device problems.

I tryied the keys from customers care for 3 times, the third works.

JackPela

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with my 620 and I had to remove the SIM and do the "volume down + Lock Button" trick 3 times, the 3rd time it worked like a charm - took 5 minutes only :)

Altaf1

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I own a Lumia 620 and the same problem happened to me. Worse still I gave it to a Nokia care centre and 14 days have passed and still it is not repaired.

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Some phones simply won't recover on their own. My black 920 will reset after a full battery drain and a few of the button combos prior to draining the battery. The same steps did not work with my wife's white one. She got a replacement from AT&T, she got the better end of the deal.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
All phones have good and bad but this is the one thing that drives me nuts. How can you make a phone that if you do a reset you have a 50-50 chance that it will be stuck in the gears of death mode. Can any update ever fix this or is this a windows phone "feature"?

Anela Rasic

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
meni se moja nokia 920 jednostavvno zamrznula nikakav update nije radila na displayu samo pokazuje sat znači zaključan je display...?ta god napravim ne poma?e....pomozite mlim vas

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I want to do a reset but don't have a computer to download Nokia software just in case my 920 bricks .....really scared about this hard reset thing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss