Camera button problem?

soggs

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping for a bit of feedback here as I'm not sure if I have a faulty camera button on my Lumia 920 or not.

How far down do you have to push your camera button to get it to switch on, or to take a shot? Do you feel any sort of physical click when it's pressed and the shot is taken?

I only ask because on mine I almost have to push the button into the body of the phone for it to take the shot, pretty much until it is flush. This is a replacement phone and I'm sure on the other one the button didn't need to be pressed so hard to take a shot. It auto-focuses with just a light touch as it should so there's definitely not a problem with the button.

All of the buttons, volume, power and camera, don't seem to stick out quite so much on this phone, and all of them work perfectly. I just want to see if it's common for the button to be pressed in this far to take the shot.

I could just be looking for problems as it's my 3rd 920 and was sort of expecting something to be wrong. Everything else works perfectly so I'd be reluctant to try and get another replacement if this is just how the button should be.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
When pressing the camera button on my 920 you can feel a slight resistance when pressing it half way to focus then a slight click when pressing all the way down to take the shot. I don't feel that I have to assert undue pressure on the button to take the shot but when it is pressed all the way down it is relatively flush with the body of the phone. Also, the other buttons do not really protrude that much from the side of the phone. This is my second 920 and my first one was exactly the same.

soggs

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
When pressing the camera button on my 920 you can feel a slight resistance when pressing it half way to focus then a slight click when pressing all the way down to take the shot. I don't feel that I have to assert undue pressure on the button to take the shot but when it is pressed all the way down it is relatively flush with the body of the phone. Also, the other buttons do not really protrude that much from the side of the phone. This is my second 920 and my first one was exactly the same.

Thanks for the reply. It does sound like mine may be slightly faulty then. It feels like I have to push quite hard to get the camera to activate from the home screen, and also to take the shot. My camera button definitely goes below the level of the phone plastic shell and I can't feel any sort of click when I can eventually get it to take the shot.

Looks like I might be having another phone call with customer services :cry:

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. It does sound like mine may be slightly faulty then. It feels like I have to push quite hard to get the camera to activate from the home screen, and also to take the shot. My camera button definitely goes below the level of the phone plastic shell and I can't feel any sort of click when I can eventually get it to take the shot.

Looks like I might be having another phone call with customer services :cry:

Yep, sounds like yours is faulty then. I'm sorry to hear that especially since you've been through a few 920's already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes