I need to flash my 920 for ATT to the latest version. Please help a novice.

NickDaGreat89

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Here's a summary of the road so far:

I needed to reset my Lumia to change Microsoft account (great thinking, Microsoft...) and so I backed up all my stuff and initiated the reset via the settings menu. After over an hour of the dreaded cogs of death, I started to become worried. After two hours I was pretty positive it was bricked.

I found the stickied guide to un-brick the phone and downloaded navifirm and Nokia Care Suite via the links posted in the original post. Navifirm wouldn't connect to the servers to download the OS so I read in the subsequent comments in the thread that for one reason or another it no longer works. Another commenter posted a page on some Asian site (Japanese?) that had the OS files available for download, and other commenters confirmed that it did work. So, 1GB later, I follow the instructions and create the proper folders in the NCS directory and flash the phone with the newly acquired files.

Everything goes smoothly with setup until I'm restoring my backup app list. About a dozen apps show up with an error code that they couldn't be reinstalled, but I'm not too worried about it because my phone is working again.... Or is it?

So far, the problems I have encountered are: huge battery drain/very slow charging; text messages randomly not sending and getting the notification that they didn't send like an hour later; the camera flash is not working; live tiles and notifications not functioning properly; and the occasional being stuck in an app and unable to exit it.

Multiple phone updates were available, so I installed them hoping bringing everything up to date would rectify the problem, but to no avail.

I've considered doing another hard reset, but my biggest suspicion is that there is something wrong with the OS I downloaded in the first place. Does anyone know of another source for me to download the OS for my poor Black Lumia 920 for ATT?

Thank you in advance, your help is MUCH appreciated.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Here's a summary of the road so far:

I needed to reset my Lumia to change Microsoft account (great thinking, Microsoft...) and so I backed up all my stuff and initiated the reset via the settings menu. After over an hour of the dreaded cogs of death, I started to become worried. After two hours I was pretty positive it was bricked.

I found the stickied guide to un-brick the phone and downloaded navifirm and Nokia Care Suite via the links posted in the original post. Navifirm wouldn't connect to the servers to download the OS so I read in the subsequent comments in the thread that for one reason or another it no longer works. Another commenter posted a page on some Asian site (Japanese?) that had the OS files available for download, and other commenters confirmed that it did work. So, 1GB later, I follow the instructions and create the proper folders in the NCS directory and flash the phone with the newly acquired files.

Everything goes smoothly with setup until I'm restoring my backup app list. About a dozen apps show up with an error code that they couldn't be reinstalled, but I'm not too worried about it because my phone is working again.... Or is it?

So far, the problems I have encountered are: huge battery drain/very slow charging; text messages randomly not sending and getting the notification that they didn't send like an hour later; the camera flash is not working; live tiles and notifications not functioning properly; and the occasional being stuck in an app and unable to exit it.

Multiple phone updates were available, so I installed them hoping bringing everything up to date would rectify the problem, but to no avail.

I've considered doing another hard reset, but my biggest suspicion is that there is something wrong with the OS I downloaded in the first place. Does anyone know of another source for me to download the OS for my poor Black Lumia 920 for ATT?

Thank you in advance, your help is MUCH appreciated.

you could really use this: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...oad-official-nokia-roms-without-navifirm.html
just look up your number and you can download the latest official firmware, which should work perfectly fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss