Anybody can advise?

I am about to switch from android to the Lumia phone 920 or 820. I also use google via android now which works perfectl for me and I store all my contacts and related info etc. directly online on google via my adroid phone. So, if I loose my phone, I am safe. However, my questions that nobody around me seems to be able to answer;
    1. Okay so I can swap to Lumia. ( I have seen online there are special apps to do so as well, although I don't know yet which way is best yet) Will it then take over ALL the info if I do it in the right way? I mean, under google for eaxample I can fill in different names onder one contact. For example, I have a company name as one contact. Under this one contact / company, I can adjust different names online with different phone numbers. Will Nokia be that flexible to take all info over as such or, more importantly;
    2. Can I keep using my google account and keep storing new contacts on google directly via lumia 920 or 820? Since under my current android, I can either store it on the phone, or on google...I wouldn't like to loose that option. I mean simply keep using my contacts the way I am doing now seems to be the ultimate, or has Lumia a better alternative? If Lumia wouldn't have this option, I wouldn't be able to use my google+ either in the same way I quess..

Please advise, thx!
    07-04-2013 06:02 AM
    AFAIK u can set up ur google account on ur phone, and then to sync ur contacts. Now, in order to use ur phone as it was meant, u have to make urself a Windows live/Hotmail account. Ur phone will automatically sync all the contacts to that account, and the changes u make will be made to ur Live acc. Since I do not use Google at all (except for searching, and Chrome on my computer), I dunno if the phone will also continue to sync itself to ur Google acc as well.
    07-04-2013 06:37 AM
    L920 and nexus 4 user. Have both google and msn accounts synced on both phones. I do editing on one and they sync automatically

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    Joey Netherlands likes this.
    07-04-2013 06:44 AM
    Hi Multo,
    Thx. for your advise. However, it is not too clear to me yet; So;
    1. Can I add my google account to my Lumia phone?;
    2. Then sync with my current google account so all the contacts are there;
    3. Then, also add new contacts straight on the google account on the phone which then will be synced online with google?
    In the shop they told me that this phone only saves to the phone and it doesn't sync to google online. It only works with hotmail accounts to sync online they said?!
    07-04-2013 08:54 AM
    1. Yes...easily.
    2. Yes...it's instant and automatic when set up
    3. Yes...again instant and automatic. Just set Google contacts as your default contacts.
    07-04-2013 09:14 AM
    There you go. It's a yes. One thing I noticed though is that if a contact has several mobile numbers on Google(I know WTH are people doing with 4 mobile numbers?) only 2 show as mobile so I just separated them between Google and MSN so all show.

Edit: thought I'd just add. A friend called me up using a different number so it wasn't on my contacts whether google or msn. After the call, I added his number to my google contacts using the Lumia and no 2 minutes it's already saved in my nexus 4 so there really shouldn't be any issue

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by multo; 07-05-2013 at 12:03 AM.
    07-04-2013 09:46 AM
    Thanks, but;
    4. I have tried to set up my google as default contacts..can't find that option though?
    5. I only see 1 or 2 phone numbers under google, while for many contacts I have stored much more (such as business accounts)..how is that, is it fixable?
    6. If I want to keep storing new contacts via my phone on my google account, can I (automatically) sync them with my (new) live account or vise versa?
    07-06-2013 04:16 AM
    4. Go to people - settings - filter your account
    5. Has been my issue as well so I keep the mobile numbers 2 for Google and 2 for Microsoft max
    6. That i haven't tried as I either just save additional contacts under Microsoft or Google and just link the contact if needed in the people app. I chose to have both accounts show in the app so I don't have issues even if I use another phone or tab

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-06-2013 08:22 AM
    Thanks, but;
    4. I have tried to set up my google as default contacts..can't find that option though?
    5. I only see 1 or 2 phone numbers under google, while for many contacts I have stored much more (such as business accounts)..how is that, is it fixable?
    6. If I want to keep storing new contacts via my phone on my google account, can I (automatically) sync them with my (new) live account or vise versa?
    4.- If you want only google contacts go to People hubs, settings (three dots), filter contacts.
    5.- You can only have 2 cell numbers but you can add more phones numbres (no cell phone numbers, just guessing)
    6.- When you want to add a new contact the phone ask you when you want to add, live account or google account. You can force a sync in people settings.
    07-06-2013 02:33 PM