Unlocked 920 Data Connection Issue

GodofRandom

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I just recently unlocked my Lumia 920 using the unlock code from A&T s I can use it while I'm stationed here in Japan. After I pulled the ATT SIM, I replaced in with the SIM that came from my Samsung Galaxy S4 from NTT DOCOMO. It fit fine, unlocked with no issues, and worked for a couple hours. Now, I can get a signal, but NOTHING will connect with the data network. It will display "4G" in the top left corner with however many bars of service I have, but will not connect to the internet with the browser, market, social networks, anything. Is there any specific cause or solution for this? I really do love my 920, and Docomo's LTE network is great. That and they're pretty much the only provider that puts SIM in their phones. Thanks for the help.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
You can change the APN settings by going to 'Settings' app and then tapping on 'cellular'. At the bottom, there are two buttons called 'add internet apn' and 'add mms apn'.

As far as what that particular carrier's settings are, I have no clue. I would see if they have an English site or use Google to translate it. My guess is that it would be somewhere on their site. Also, you could just search Bing ' (carrier's name) apn internet settings'.

I am assuming you are in the arm forces considering you said 'stationed' there. Is there any type of forum anywhere for military stationed there? You might be able to ask someone if they have the same carrier and what settings they used (doesn't have to be another Windows Phone).

GodofRandom

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I just tried the settings from my phone and a couple from online resources. No luck. I know a few guys who unlocked their phones. maybe I'll see if they can help. Thank you though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos