Black Screen but responds?

scield

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
So I took my phone off the charger today and found that when I pressed the wake up button, all I had was a black screen. The button lights at the bottom would light up and I was able to touch the screen and hear touch tones, but the scree was black. After digging through the Nokia forums I figured out I had to preform a soft reset so after preforming two of them, the screen finally came back on. No one on the Nokia site has a reason for this and Nokia support isn't on right now (but I did send them an email about it). Have any of you dealt with this and is it a known issue with the phone or OS? I had a Samsung Focus for almost two years and never had this issue, but I know WP7 and WP8 are built somewhat differently. Thanks in advance.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Its a bug, i wouldn't lose any sleep over it tbh. Just make sure you tick the "back my stuff up" buttons and then forget about it.

My gs2 used to do that all the time. It seems to happen on all touch screen devices. :)

scield

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I had it happen before on a few Android devices but like I said, my old Focus and my wife's iPhones have been fine. Thanks for the reply though!

clvrbas

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
My wife's Nokia 900 did this today as well for my Samsung Focus Flash, sis a reset and everything fixed, just some weird bug :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte