In-call alerts over Bluetooth

Durishin

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I am relatively new to the 920 and WP8, though a veteran with 7 and Mango on a Titan II.

Here's my issue:
When I am on a call with my BT headset (A2DP off) and I get a text or - far worse - an incoming call, I know I am about to be treated to a barrage of "ding" and "ding-ding-ding..." until I swipe away all the toast notifications (SMS, Missed call, SMS notification of VMX, Email notification of VMX). Is there a way to stop that on the Lumia? I remember on my TII (WP7.5), I might get one ding - or a quick vibrate, but no barrage of sound over the other party's voice to disrupt the conversation.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I am relatively new to the 920 and WP8, though a veteran with 7 and Mango on a Titan II.

Here's my issue:
When I am on a call with my BT headset (A2DP off) and I get a text or - far worse - an incoming call, I know I am about to be treated to a barrage of "ding" and "ding-ding-ding..." until I swipe away all the toast notifications (SMS, Missed call, SMS notification of VMX, Email notification of VMX). Is there a way to stop that on the Lumia? I remember on my TII (WP7.5), I might get one ding - or a quick vibrate, but no barrage of sound over the other party's voice to disrupt the conversation.

I've notice 9/10 times when I make a call it prompts my Yahoo to check for new mail and I nearly ALWAYS have something so I get the "ding-dong, ding ding ding". However, I do not think it should continually ring until you swipe the notifications away but your phone will ring for each notification.

It will ring for a call (why would you want to turn that off?) and it should ring again for the VM (I could see this being a legit request though, but I do not know of a way)...and you are probably one of a few that have an SMS and Email for all VMs also, haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett