Does anyone else have a problem with red looking orange on this phone?

ElektroDragon

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Take for example the free Bank of America app or the Netflix app. Splash screens on my old HTC Titan are pure red, as they should be. Same apps' splash screens on my Lumia 920 are ORANGE. How could they release a phone with a screen that can't even render red correctly? I guess I'll keep the upgrade since my total cost was about $70 and I get twice the RAM and storage and access to WP8 apps and games but my god, I am never touching Nokia again in the future for this reason alone. And yes, I checked to make sure both phones were on the same brightness setting, and I tested lots of different occurences of red in other apps, photos, etc. All the same issue. Red is orange.

What's worse, even white looks whiter on the HTC. Ugh.

Last edited:

ElektroDragon

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I am not crazy. Here is an image that shows the orange reds design flaw of the 920 and how it is FIXED on the 928. Notice the shades of red. My HTC displays red like the 928, my 920 displays them like the 920 on the right of the image. Conclusion: The 920 was shipped with TERRIBLE COLOR ACCURACY and only later with the 928 did Nokia discover their mistake. Take a look on a PC monitor: Nokia Lumia 928 vs. Nokia Lumia 920

Nokia should be ashamed of themselves.

EDIT: Just heard about the Lumia 1020 with the OLED screen on AT&T. Returning the 920 ASAP and rolling back contract terms so I can upgrade to the 1020 when it becomes available. Sounds like they might let me since its been well under 14 days. I know OLED should render the red correctly because my Vita OLED screen does.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon