Help! "No Service" On Unlocked Rogers Lumia 920

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I have an unlocked Rogers Nokia Lumia 920 and am experiencing the "no service" issue. When my sim card is in my Galaxy S4 the signal strength is a full set of bars however if I take it out and put it in my Lumia 920 it registers my carrier for a second, has a full set of bars then immediately goes down to 1 bar then "Out of Service". The odd time for a matter of seconds it will jump to full bars but like a second later go back down to 1 and then "No Service" again. I have done all available updates and can see this is a wide spread issue when searching Google on it. Am I out of luck until there is an update or is there anything I can do? I have done a factory reset, gone into mobile networks and searched for networks but only "Rogers - Forbidden" comes up and nothing else. When I select automatic it will do what I mentioned above. Any ideas? What can I do to get service and signal?

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Update: I have also gone in and selected the signal option below LTE. Same thing and I know the sim is good because as noted it gives me full bars when slid into my other phone.

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
When I turn on the phone there is an airplane, then it says no service then Telus kicks in at full bars for literally seconds then it goes down to one bar and basically "No Service". It will periodically jump out of that and into full bar strength but only for a second or two before dropping back out. The phone is basically unusable. Read about a lot of people with these issues and seems like no fix out there so far?

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I really want to like Windows phone but I must say this is a turn off. There is no access point app in Canada market place and when I try to manually search for networks it says the scan was unsuccessful. I search online and MANY have experienced this since the 1308 and 1314 updates. Yet - still no fix.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi Laura, I search for "Access Point" and it does not come up. I can't find it anywhere - is it available in Canada?

It should already be preinstalled onto your phone

Settings, Access Point, select Telus, if not add in the APN for Telus although you shouldn't need to for it to work as a phone though...

If you're in the Mississauga area, I can help you

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much for offering your help.

When I go to settings "Access Point" is not an option. It is not listed anywhere. I am currently on 1314.

I am in Canada, my Lumia is a Rogers unlocked 920.

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I was able to find Access Point in the App Store and downloaded it. When I went into Access Point it said Telus was active yet same issue. "No Service" on the phone tile and a circle with a line through it where the bars would be. Odd time it went to three bars for literally a second then back to 1 then totally out again. Sim is back in my S4 now with full strength in bars - not one single issue at all.

mv740

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey, im on telus with a rogers 920 too :) you are supposed to see telus, koodo ... Try koodo setting then activate telus once more and reboot.

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, this did not work either. Tried this and when the phone rebooted it was in airplane mode, that mode turned off and showed me 4 bars that almost immediately went down to 1 and then no service.

Googled it and so many people are having these issues. Sim card works perfectly in my S4 - is this an omen to use the lumia 920 as a paperweight? Trying so hard to love Windows phone but this is a really poor experience and sour taste.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi, this did not work either. Tried this and when the phone rebooted it was in airplane mode, that mode turned off and showed me 4 bars that almost immediately went down to 1 and then no service.

Googled it and so many people are having these issues. Sim card works perfectly in my S4 - is this an omen to use the lumia 920 as a paperweight? Trying so hard to love Windows phone but this is a really poor experience and sour taste.
Have you tried getting a new SIM from Telus?

karthikt94

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
You cannot search for the Access Point on Windows Phone Store. You'll have to click the link from the above post.
Try updating your Access Point this way and see if it helps.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I have an unlocked 920 running on Wind and when I would set it on LTE my phone would jump from service to no service quite often. My data would also be pretty bad. I set the fastest speed to 3G and since then my network strength has been steady.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs