Need a little help with my 920

Del1701

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm just wondering if someone can help me with my new 920. I bought it from EE UK on pay&go just over a month ago and all was great but then a couple of days ago I started getting problems, I'll list them out in order of what happened.
1, firstly my tiles stopped updating. facebook messenger stopped working and whatsapp stopped all at the same time.
2, with this my 920 started getting a huge battery drain.
3, I turned it off and on and performed a soft reset with power and volume down buttons but this did not work.
4, I then hard reset my 920 but I had the spinning gears for over 4 hours so to turn it on I had to use the power and volume button reset again which turned it back on.
5, So now it's back on I used my last backup of the previous day and all seemed fine until the battery drain came back.
6, I thought I'd struggle through with it and was looking through the music player and a lot of my tracks were not showing in the music player but when I plugged the 920 into my laptop and used windows explorer to have a look they were all there?

So by now I've had enough and started to use my old phone, but before I send it back for repair I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas because I really don't want to be without my 920 for a few weeks lol, also I've just hard reset it again and it only took about 10 seconds ? seems strange, what do you guy's think ?

Thanks all
Del

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Maybe after the hard reset, restore everything but the apps and check the battery drain. Then add apps one at a time to see if one of them is the culprit before sending it in. It's a pain I know, but one way to troubleshoot.

Del1701

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Maybe after the hard reset, restore everything but the apps and check the battery drain. Then add apps one at a time to see if one of them is the culprit before sending it in. It's a pain I know, but one way to troubleshoot.

Cheers I'll give that a go now, I can't get it back to the shop for a couple of days at least so it's worth a go ;)

Del1701

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Well I started afresh and just sunk my contacts and calendar ect and then started arranging some tiles and in 20 minutes it had lost 10% battery :eek: also this time round it never asked me to restore my latest backup which I thought was strange, still no Facebook messenger working and that's as far as I got, I'm at a loss now as it never behaved like this when I bought it :(

Sent from the event horizon of a quantum singularity :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb