So today I woke up to find I have 29 APP UPDATES! My phone takes weeks or months to inform me about app updates! Anyone experiencing the same issue? I've had it for months already!

\wp_ss_20130711_0005.png
    Jonathan Piferrer likes this.
    07-11-2013 07:37 AM
    I do... i must manually update apps, thats why i enter this "app updates" forum several times a day... its the only way to know about apps updates, because phone doesn't inform me!
    07-11-2013 07:50 AM
    I have the same problem, its very annoying. I have followed loads of instructions on here about resetting the phone, unpinning, clearing internet history, changing language etc but nothing worked for me. I went to Switzerland last week (I live in UK) and attached to WIFI in hotel and suddenly I got 21 app updates. I thought that might have fixed it but not had any updates since, I have to keep checking WPCentral for app releases.

Wish they would stick a manual "check for updates" button in the store app. Or even better, fix the dam problem that's been around ever since WP was released.
    07-11-2013 07:51 AM
    if you are a reader of WPcentral forums, you will realize that WP is really bad, the amount of issues is too much:
    1) updates don't show up.
    2) Facebook chat doesn't work.
    3) Skype is very bad.
    4) Battery Issues.
    5) random phone turning off, then you find that time and date are changed.
    6) 3g connection issues.
    7) games are very laggy
    and much more ...
    07-11-2013 08:24 AM
    if you are a reader of WPcentral forums, you will realize that WP is really bad, the amount of issues is too much:
    1) updates don't show up.
    2) Facebook chat doesn't work.
    3) Skype is very bad.
    4) Battery Issues.
    5) random phone turning off, then you find that time and date are changed.
    6) 3g connection issues.
    7) games are very laggy
    and much more ...
    1) Mine do around 9 pm every night
    2) I use Facebook Touch, so can't really respond to this one
    3) No problems Skyping to the fiance who is away on a summer research program What's so bad about it?
    4) Fantastic battery life. No complaints.
    5) Mine has yet to shut off and the date change thing? Never heard of that one.
    6) Again, none here. And I'm on Straight Talk.
    7) None of my games lag.

Best part? I bought my phone used. WP is NOT really bad. Either you have a defective unit, or you're looking for a reason to switch.
    Shan Shan2 and 11B1P like this.
    07-11-2013 09:27 AM
    Currently there is a no guarantee solution for this annoying problem. What temporary worked for others may not work for you and the opposite.
    The only way to get back on track is to master reset your Lumia 920, but even if you go that far, you do not know if the problem will reappear, in that case you will done a master reset for nothing.

I have the same problem, I am waiting for the Amber update and hope Nokia has finally addressed this annoying issue with the upcoming update.

In any case and generally speaking, by now everyone should know that the word "Notification" and Windows Phone cannot co-exist in peace, not even in a sentence and I do not expect this to get fixed until Windows Phone 8.1.
    07-11-2013 09:38 AM
    Guys, you're gonna want to check out this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...p-updates.html
    07-11-2013 09:40 AM