Glitch/Bug or Defective? Unlocked Lumia 920

jaykayo

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, so I just recently received my new unlocked Nokia Lumia 920 and I've been trying to set a lock screen photo but it won't appear after I select one and crop it.
The very first time I turned on the phone, I think the lock screen picture was the Bing one but now, it doesn't matter if I select a photo I took or the Bing updated one, nothing appears when I lock the screen, it is just black with the time, battery, and a few other icons.

Also, the tiles won't change color. The background will change to black or white if I change it under Settings but the tile colors remain the same - if I choose Cyan for example, only certain text or icons like the mini slide bars for Settings will change color, the tiles on the Homescreen remains the same (white outline).

I've even YouTubed how to set the lock screen to confirm that I did it right and that this is a problem my Lumia 920 has.

Is there a way to fix this problem? I've read how certain Lumia 920s won't update the Bing wallpaper but not a regular picture.

jaykayo

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
You have High Contrast turned on.

Go to Settings => ease of access => and tick off "High Contrast"

You sir are a lifesaver.
I still have to tinker with the phone more to learn how to "navigate" through it but this was one thing that had been possessing me ever since I changed that setting (first day).

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
You sir are a lifesaver.
I still have to tinker with the phone more to learn how to "navigate" through it but this was one thing that had been possessing me ever since I changed that setting (first day).

No problem! Glad I could help.

What set me off was when you said the thing about having the white outlines. Earlier a bunch of people were sharing their startscreen - screengrabs and a guy had the black/white look. It was really neat, if that is what you wanted!!! It would not be neat if you wanted blue and were stuck with black/white, haha!

I didn't know it killed the lock screen image until I tested my theory before posting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro