Yellow spots on the screen of Nokia Lumia 920

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
its screen burn guys i have it as well, its from leaving your phone of charging for way too long also happens if your phone is overheating a lot and gets extremely hot.

tips
make sure your phone has time out so this screen goes off when you're not using it
if you replace the screen it should go away
don't leave your phone charging over night (it won't happen the first time you do it but if you continuously leave on charging overnight you will get the yellow bits on it, it normally starts in the top left corner or the bottom left corner)

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice kingenu, I get your theory. However, I never over charged my phone, let alone over night. And the yellowness started in the middle of the screen first. Therefore, I think the cause is overheating, which is more than likely due to playing certain games. For example, Uno with friends used to make my phone overheat and crash all the time , that's why I won't play it no more. So far I haven't had any problems -- fingers crossed.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to post to say i had the 920 for just over a year and i always charged over night and i still do it with my 1020 and i never had any yellow on my screen.

Games on the other hand did cause incredible heat on my 920 but it still never made the screen to go yellow or cause crashes.

Don't know if this is of any help but thought i would post anyway.

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
bayeah the games do cause a lot of overheating, i don't play asphalt on my 920 because it gets so hot and i go from 87% to 72% in 5min which sucks and also vba8 and fifa as well so yeah its probably the games but the charging will probably add to it as well

M0TH3R_FR4GG3R

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone ATLEAST take a photo of the Problem & upload for people to ACTUALLY understand.. VISUAL proof & explanation is ALWAYS better than Wordssss !

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to post to say i had the 920 for just over a year and i always charged over night and i still do it with my 1020 and i never had any yellow on my screen.

Games on the other hand did cause incredible heat on my 920 but it still never made the screen to go yellow or cause crashes.

Don't know if this is of any help but thought i would post anyway.
Same here, the problem is not related to heat, and about the overnight charge...do you even know how a lithium battery charge is managed?

Dor Kaba

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I've had this phone for over a year now and just recently started noticing some spots (which at the beginning I thought it was my eyes creating spots due to long exposure to phone screen light). Sam as you guys the spots are located on the left top of the screen and in the center. I usually charge the phone overnight (almost all the time) but almost never play heavy games. My question now is: If I have no more warranty and I should provide a solution myself, which part should I change; the LCD screen or touch screen digitizer or both?
I once had similar problem with my Nokia E7, but then it was from the factory... why is this happening Nokia???:eck:

Choco22

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Me too.
My father's 920 shows a very prominent orange spot in the top edge of the screen. as the time goes by, it became less prominent, but it now tinted all part of the screen. It's already around 4+ months after it shows for the first time, and I can see the screen comfortable enough. He rarely (if ever) use a wireless charger or play games. He does left his phone charging overnight though. But generally he does take a good care of his phone. He doesn't want to give it to Nokia Care since it will disrupt his very important communication, and planed to just use it until he bought new phone (and because of this issue, he just want to go to S5/Note 3).
My own 920 (which is half year older than my father's) also begin to show the same problem just recently. It tinted at the bottom-right spot, each week it gets more prominent. It also shows yellow spot in the middle of the screen, something I've just noticed yesterday. Quite different from my dad, I use wireless charging the same amount I use wired. I also played games occasionally or left it playing music, or knock it to something hard a few times. But I also charged my phone overnight. My phones run WP 8.1 DP, so I'm afraid my warranty doesn't apply now before the official update has begun to roll out. I also doesn't have any backup phone laying around. Any ideas how to resolve this?

*sorry for bad English, not a native speaker here
**and sorry for the very looong post :D

fernancgf

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Is hard o do it, is not something THAT evident that you could see it from a regular photo... It needs a close up and I don't have a decent camera...
Screen shots doesn't work, is a physical problem so if you make a screen shot it is perfect...

I don't play often so it hasn't get hot often...

meloli

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I am having a similar issue too and my warranty period is over. I didn't have much luck with the pixel doctor. Also, i noticed the yellowish discolouration only after installing the 8.1 update. Could it have been a bug with the update? Has anyone found a fix yet?

alnecaro

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Lumia 920. My big issue at the moment is that my phone was bought in Switzerland and I live in Portugal, should Nokia warranty cover Europe wide? Because It has not been two years since it was bought, so I should have cover for that. Anyone can help?

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Earlier this year I had yellow patches on the top left side of my 920. Then slowly bigger patches appeared elsewhere. Took it to the local Nokia care in Kota Kinabalu. Thankfully it was still under warrantee and they replaced the screen FOC. Felt brand new. Then a few days later I received a telephone call from Nokia asking me if everything turn out ok!!! The voice was distinctly non-Malaysian. Nice touch. No problem with the phone so far.

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Lumia 920. My big issue at the moment is that my phone was bought in Switzerland and I live in Portugal, should Nokia warranty cover Europe wide? Because It has not been two years since it was bought, so I should have cover for that. Anyone can help?
LoL this is not itelephones with fraudolent 1 year warranty where the law requires 2, or a chinese droid. A Nokia device for the european market will be repaired in every european nokia centre

Rafael Marcondes

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I started to notice this big yellow spot on my Lumia 920 screen.
yellowspot1.jpg
yellowspot2.jpg
It's a bit hard to detect it on the photos. Tweaking the brightness and contrast helps a little.

It's been more than one year I have it, no more covered by warranty. Replacing a display is too expensive, I think I will have to live with that until my next phone.
Those of you who are also having this issue, do you use QI wireless charging a lot? Because I do. Maybe the electromagnetic field could be interfering with something on the display circuitry and causing it? I know it is not like a magnet next to a tube tv, but still, I don't know, just guessing.

Rafael

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077