Nokia Lumia 920 Case That Will Also Protect The Screen!

John McCrowski

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi! New to these forums and this is my first post! I just wanted to ask if you guys could recommend a case for my Lumia 920 that will not only protect my phone, but also the screen. Because as you know the screen of a Lumia 920 is contorted in such a way where a conventional case would not be able to cover it properly. Unfortunately I've encountered some incidents where I've dropped my Lumia 920 face first on the ground and the screen either got damaged or broke completely! So I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could tell me of a case that can prevent this from happening again! Thanks!

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
There are several ways to go about achieving that. Most common would be to get a flip case so there's something covering the screen. Another option is to use a pouch that's thick enough to give some protection when it falls. Another one would be a regular case whether slim or full and a pouch as well. For brands I can suggest nillkin for a flip case, mofi for pouches, and the good ole official case Nokia released. Others may have different opinion though but these work for me

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

britorj

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Dear John,

There's no such thing.

Buy a good case to protect back and sides (I'm using Amzer's, but it's expensive...I also recomend Nillkin's).

To protect screen, the only screen protector that fits are Zagg's Invisible Shield and it's similars...

I'm using Invisible Shield on my 920. Fits perfectly, stays "glued" all the time, but and advice: it's expensive! But worth money.

Hope it help.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
The Otterbox Defender is what you're looking for. The case is rediculous, and it has a screen protector built in.

Otterbox Defender on Amazon

The Defender screen protector has one major weakness: it is not directly adhered to the screen. This means that dust, dirt, and sand particles can get between it and the screen. Then, since the dust is caught under the screen, any movement will cause it to grind unmercifully against the it. This will scratch the screen to all hell. My dad and my brother both have the Defender for their 920's. What I did prior to them putting the case on was order a quick and dirty 10 pack of 920 screen protectors from eBay (don't believe the hype, a 5-10 dollar screen protector isn't much better than a 1 dollar one, just make sure to install it cleanly and evenly). Then I installed one on each of their phones so that if any dust gets in to scratch the screen, it scratches the screen protector instead.

Combined together, an independent screen protector and the Defender case, the phone becomes nearly indestructible.

DHHSMichael

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I would personally recommend the Incipio DualPro line for your 920. I have the grey/yellow one for my yellow 920 and it does indeed have a lip that somewhat protects the screen against drops.

elyodeel

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I use the otter box with a zagg full body underneath it. When I am at work the phone is in the case and monstrous but indestructible and when I leave for the weekend I take it out and the Lumia never looks sexier than once you free it from the otter box, haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans