Does anyone still experience battery drain issues?

pantsaregood

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
When the Lumia 920 came out, there were frequent reports of battery life being awful - sometimes lasting less than one hour while idle. I personally had an experience like this - my phone managed to discharge completely while being plugged in once.

This hasn't happened in a very long time, and I suspect it had something to do with Nokia's enhancements or navigation running in the background. As of now, my Lumia makes it through a day without any issue at all - that's with several apps running push notifications and background tasks. I suspect it was some sort of unlisted background task causing problems largely because my phone would be quite hot despite sitting idle.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I still do sometimes.. I noticed that nokia music (my fav app after wpp) drains a lot of battery, and when you close it, it keeps draining your battery, I was on the beach when I noticed my phone was discharging 108%/hour (yes, it's true) just after I closed nokia music, when I soft reset my phone, it came back normal..

but loving my 920 so far, no problems and never let me in the hand =), nokia being nokia

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I am facing a similar issue with Nokia Music. Its the recent upgrades that drain the battery. When I newly baught Lumia 920 way back in Jan 2013. That time 1 hour of music would hardly consume 2-3% of battery life. But looks like these recent upgrades made it worst

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about Nokia Music here. Will have to check that out.
But sometimes all of a sudden, I notice that my phone gets heated randomly and battery starts discharging rapidly. An immediate soft reset helps.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about Nokia Music here. Will have to check that out.
But sometimes all of a sudden, I notice that my phone gets heated randomly and battery starts discharging rapidly. An immediate soft reset helps.

OS still looks immature. Afterall its a whole new architecture over WP 7.5. It needs a lot of tweeks

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a lumia 920. I Always turn on battery saver, turn off WiFi and Bluetooth when not in use..go to setting and go to application system...turn off or block the open apps....turn the brightness in auto mode or in low. And buy a battery phone bank, it helps us when we are out in the open.ty

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a lumia 920. I Always turn on battery saver, turn off WiFi and Bluetooth when not in use..go to setting and go to application system...turn off or block the open apps....turn the brightness in auto mode or in low. And buy a battery phone bank, it helps us when we are out in the open.ty

I've been doing that since very first day. My battery is moderate, I charge it every alternate day or sometimes it lasts for more than 48 hours. There are very few things that immediately drain the battery.

1) Internet using 3G
2) Nokia Drive and
3) Nokia Music

And there are numerous 3rd party application which keep on dreaining the battery even after you quit those applications creating heat. The only option is soft reset

I think MS Should implement a task manager kind of application that can kill unnecessary process, free RAM.

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
My wife was having horrible battery drain issues. She called ATT and they sent her a new phone. If you are under warranty, why not do the same?

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I have to keep battery saver on all the time (which makes it less of a "smart"phone with no live tiles or notifications).
With battery saver off the battery lasts for about 8h with light-moderate usage which is horrible.

I've had it for about 8 months now and it's always been hopeless when it comes to battery, i'm going to be sending it back to nokia soon and hopefully get a new device as it's really starting to get annoying.

pdskep

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my third phone and have had the same battery drain issues with all three. It seems to happen almost daily when I get home from work, but NEVER on the weekends. If I forget to restart my phone once I get home it will get HOT and drain >15%/ hour. It's not an issue with the phone. Otherwise I get great battery life. I'll repost this:

:Battery.JPG

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I leave WiFi and Bluetooth on almost all the time and battery life is pretty good. However, Good Messaging is the main app that just crushes my battery. Some days Good seems to stop working and my battery life is fantastic, other days Good seems to be updating on a regular basis and I need to find a charger frequently.

I've had some past apps/games that I removed when I started noticing battery drain issues. It could be the OS, but some of these apps seem to be the main culprit for battery drain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99