Unlocking Rogers Lumia 920

efrancesco

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been searching for a reasonably priced unlock service for my Rogers Lumia 920 that I wish to use in Spain but most unlock services are priced at $20 and above. Searching on eBay I find quite a few sellers offering cheap AT&T unlock codes, $4 and less, but Rogers Lumia 920 unlock codes are priced way higher. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced unlock service for Rogers Lumia 920?

Also, do I have to reset my phone to original state, prior to "Portico", for the unlock codes to work? And would the unlock be permanent? Otherwise, would it be safe to upgrade after unlock?

I'm new to Windows Phone so any help would be appreciated.

efrancesco

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
What happens when you call Rogers and ask for the unlock code?

I'm getting the phone as a gift and Rogers won't give the unlock code unless the contract is over so I've no option but to use a third-party service.

It's $50+tax for an unlock code from Rogers. I don't know if you have to be a Rogers customer to have them give you the unlock code...
Yes, $50 is the price I have been quoted for the unlock code once the contract is over.

theotherskipper

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the same boat as you. The only difference is that I intend to use it on a different carrier here in Canada. Anyway, I searched a fair bit and I didn't find any place that was lower priced ($15 USD) than cellunlocker.net so imo that's as "reasonable" as it can get.

Also, do I have to reset my phone to original state, prior to "Portico", for the unlock codes to work? And would the unlock be permanent? Otherwise, would it be safe to upgrade after unlock?

I was wondering about this as well, but my guess is that unlike iPhones it would be a permanent unlock that is unaffected by future upgrades. I hope I'm right. Maybe one of our learned members can confirm this?

I paid for the code earlier today so I'll keep you posted on how it works out.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I used cellunlocker when I first purchased my Lumia 920 from rogers, received the code within 24 hours and I belive it cost $10.

kannama

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I've been searching for a reasonably priced unlock service for my Rogers Lumia 920 that I wish to use in Spain but most unlock services are priced at $20 and above. Searching on eBay I find quite a few sellers offering cheap AT&T unlock codes, $4 and less, but Rogers Lumia 920 unlock codes are priced way higher. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced unlock service for Rogers Lumia 920?

I'm new to Windows Phone so any help would be appreciated.

Hi,low cost unlock is not possible for this model.You need to pay this much of amount to unlock the Rogers Nokia Lumia 920.To get the unlock code visit the site MobileUnlockSolutions.com and unlock it with easy step by step unlocking instructions.After unlocking it,you can use freely any GSM network SIM card.This is the easy,safe,fast and permanent unlocking method.You don't need to reset your phone to original state, prior to "Portico", for the unlock codes to work.After unlocking it,you can upgrade it.It will not affect the phone.

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I used cellunlocker.net for both of our 920s, $14.99 each. Got the codes within a couple of hours of placing the order. Worked perfectly on both phones. Once these phones are unlocked they are unlocked permanently. You will not have to reinstall OS updates or anything else.

theotherskipper

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
as promised, here's my update: cellunlocker.net worked perfectly. barely took a minute.

would've said more, but I have a 920 staring at me and wouldn't want her to feel neglected.

woozlewuzzle11

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I used cellunlocker.net for both of our 920s, $14.99 each. Got the codes within a couple of hours of placing the order. Worked perfectly on both phones. Once these phones are unlocked they are unlocked permanently. You will not have to reinstall OS updates or anything else.

Yup, I had the exact same experience. Paid $14.99 and got the codes after a few hours and just put the code in. Painless experience and super easy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion