920 Still Worth It?

juststart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Looking to come back to WP and to ATT. Was going to try and get the 925 on T-Mo but rather go with tried and true ATT.

My question is: Since it's an 8 month old phone - is it still worth it? I've heard a lot of battery issues so kind of worried about that but is the 920 still a comparable top windows phone? The 1020 seems kind of expensive and a bit too much for me.

Your thoughts are appreciated!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
920 is a wonderful phone and there not much difference in specs with 925 apart from the display and body. However I do prefer the 925 over the 920 so it really up to, I would go into a store and check both out to see which you were prefer.

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
My brother just got a 920 on ATT last week. It's still an excellent choice. His battery has been great! Easily lasting a day full of pics. No dust in FFC or anything like that. personally I would choose the 925 and cheaper T-Mobile but that's just me. But to answer your question the 920 is great still and the camera is fantastic just spend some time to learn the settings. I also think the 1020 is expensive unless you must have that camera.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
The only difference in the 1020 is the screen is AMOLED instead of LCD, it has more RAM to accommodate the 41mp camera. It also does not have wireless charging without a cover. IMO the 920 is still a top tier phone. I have a 920 and never had any battery issues although I do not have crazy expectations out of a top tier smartphone. My 920 lasts me just as long per charge as my iphone 5 did

js8229

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up the ATT 920, and it's been great. You won't be disappointed and you'll save $200 on contract over the 1020. If you go w/best buy you can get it for $49 on contract. My only issue is that I couldn't get the blue color I wanted (I chose white.) Still very much worth it if you want WP.

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The 920 is a great phone and for most people the camera still rocks. Most people just post their pics to facebook or email relatives pics. For these uses most people wont even notice the difference. we get all the other fetaures from the 1020 like the pro camera software and other things.

we have built in wireless charging also.

Penny Duncan

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had the 920 for a couple of months now and I still absolutely LOVE this phone......Will definately stay with Nokia and Windows 8 with any new phone I get in the future....I think the 920 is still a top notch phone!!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
You said the 1020 is kind of expensive and I share your feelings. It will be out of my price range for the forseeable future and I really wanted to get into WP8. It was essentially between the 925 and the 920 for me. With the 920 coming down in price considerably, it was a no brainer for me. ~?300 for the 920 vs ~$450 for the 925. With not too much that separates them enough for me to justify spending the extra on it. Plus I wanted the integrated wireless charging.

The phone is fantastic. Feels great in the hand and functions really well. Defo worth it IMO if you're not after the latest and greatest and are looking for value.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
With three years of support by Microsoft, you don't have to worry about the device being left high and dry. The 920 will be the top Windows Phone 8 device on ATT for a while, I think. The 1020 doesn't appear to be an upgrade, but rather a different device series.

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Looking to come back to WP and to ATT. Was going to try and get the 925 on T-Mo but rather go with tried and true ATT.

My question is: Since it's an 8 month old phone - is it still worth it? I've heard a lot of battery issues so kind of worried about that but is the 920 still a comparable top windows phone? The 1020 seems kind of expensive and a bit too much for me.

Your thoughts are appreciated!

I say go for it! I was in the same situation as you and in the end decided to get a new 920 with AT&T one month ago. Ended up getting it for free after after trading in an old phone and waived activation fee. Couldn't be happier with the phone or my decision. The 925 and 1020 are great but I just couldn't see shelling out a bunch of $$$ for those models right now with better flagship phones coming in 2014.

The only battery issues I've had so far was a bad drain on two different occasions, which I think was related to an app. Not using that app for now to see if it happens again. Could be e-mail sync issues too. See my other post here on the battery issues subject for more info:
Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

Other than that I love this phone and have no regrets. Good luck and let us know what you decide :smile:

ninjamattic

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys,
I just bought a used 920 yesterday. Honestly, I got robbed on the price, but this phone is fantastic! I have a little trouble with the battery, but I've got the unlocked international version, not the AT&T branded one. I'm assuming it's the used status that's giving me battery trouble. It's about the same as the Galaxy S4 I tried though, so I guess it's not all that bad. Enjoy your new device!

angusdegraosta

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Got a 920 like two weeks ago - here is a review on my blog. My vote for the 920 is because I like the extremely sturdy design. I use a thin black rubber Nokia case that you hardly notice, and it has good grip. I don't know if the others are slippery design-wise, but everything else about the specs are probably mighty similar.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo