Headphone jack issue

Raklezz

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I use my phone at work everyday to listen to music. Today while working the cord to my headphones got stuck quite hard, and somehow managed to damage the headphone jack in my Lumia 920. The cord must have damaged something inside the jack, because I can only hear on one ear now, except for if i manage to pull the cord in exactly the right spot, while keeping pressure on the cord in the right direction. I'm certain that the headphones are not broken, as i tried connecting another pair to the phone with the same problem. Is this something i could be able to fix myself? If the jack got loose inside or something, could i open up the phone and try to pinch it or something to make it work? Or can i buy a replacement 3.5mm jack?

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
You will void your warranty to do the fix yourself and risk damaging the device further. I would look to Nokia support to get it repaired.

j666w

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
your warranty is not worth risking and nokia support realy is excellent and quick 10 days over here in uk and they even pick it up for you :)

Raklezz

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
your warranty is not worth risking and nokia support realy is excellent and quick 10 days over here in uk and they even pick it up for you :)

Yeah I'm sure it would probably be best to let them fix it, but I'm pretty sure the warranty wont cover it, and I'm afraid it's gonna be pretty expensive (money is a little short right now).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos