Microphone Issues.

Andeh

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

I bought a Nokia Lumia 920 (used) about 3 weeks ago and it has been working excellent up to today.
People keep telling me that they can't hear me (as if i was on mute), but as soon as I turn on speaker, they can hear me crystal clear.

It's a really annoying problem...
So if anyone else had this issue or is having it please let me know.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hard reset will or should fix it. If you talk loudly the background cancellation picks you up as noise and cuts you out. You essentially have to reset the microphones. Same problem in lots of newer smartphones of all types. Someone may have a fix but my best advice is talk softer and more directly into your mix (just to the left of your charging port inside your speaker grill).

Sakeeboy

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 920 has a noise mic near headphone jack at the top. Try cleaning those holes carefully with pin or by blowing air very softly into it to recover audio.

If that doesn't help then try hard reset.

If that also doesn't work then get your device replaced from Nokia if its still under warranty!

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Got the same problem. Blowing in the microphone (located on top people!) does not work anymore. Tried to clean it gently with a needle, works about two hours, then it's back to not hearing me again.

I got the phone here at work, I talked to the company that we buy phones from and all I have to do is to send it to them and they will send me a new one. Superb! :)

Andeh

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I did the hard rest. Still getting the same problem...
I was thinking maybe I could buy the microphone and replace it myself...?
I can't go to AT&T and get it changed because I'm not the original owner...

wpta

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been having the same problem. It's been happening for about 2 weeks now, nothing changed physically; as in I haven't dropped it or in water. I believe its some update by Nokia that effected the noise cancellation.
Many other people are reporting this problem and a lot more of them in July.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)