Developer unlocked 920

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So my pops is going to pass down his L920 to me this weekend. He said he had it developer unlocked as he is a software engineer and wrote some of his own apps I guess. Anyway, once the phone is given to me, I reset the phone and use my account, will it still be unlocked? Also do you think AT&T would carrier unlock it for me? I should be good just to switch my sim from my 900 right...dont need to do anything, just move my sim and dial away?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Typically on a Nokia phone once you've got it unlocked then 99% of the time after a hard reset etc, the phone will stay unlocked. I think it's a completely different system to the OS itself. If you do try it and find out it locks again, keep this thread updated and we can try to help you out more.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Typically on a Nokia phone once you've got it unlocked then 99% of the time after a hard reset etc, the phone will stay unlocked. I think it's a completely different system to the OS itself. If you do try it and find out it locks again, keep this thread updated and we can try to help you out more.
Will do thanks. But I'm good to go if I just move my sim to his phone? AT&T doesn't need to be contacted etc?

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Only time they would need to be contacted was if you went from never having a LTE phone to a LTE device as they have to change the plan to a LTE plan. It doesn't cost anything for them to do that. Otherwise just swap the sim and enjoy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte