Live tiles not updating and camera flash not working.

bsmith859

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a lumia 920 and the live tiles will stop updating and then start working again, could stop for a couple of hours or several days. But today I also figured out that when my tiles do not update my camera flash will not work at the same time the live tiles do not update. Tried the flashlight app and still would not come on. Tried my flashlight app a few hours later and it came on and my tiles updated. Not sure if the two are tied together but it sure seems like it is.

Anyone else have this problem or maybe some insight.

On AT&T firmware 1232.5962.1314.0001

Thanks

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Never heard of anything like it before, most peculiar. Especially how the live tiles and camera flash are seemingly linked in all this... Of all the things that could possibly be connected, the camera flash and live tiles? You've got quite the case my friend, I'm at a loss for addressing this, seeing as how odd the circumstances are. Have you tried soft resetting it?

mwgeek

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I had the flash issue on my 920. Turns out the flash connects up to the circuit board via spring like contacts with pressure only. If the contacts don't have enough spring and pressure the connection can fail. If it stops working again press around on the case around the flash and see if it comes on. The first day I had the issue pressing on the case worked then no luck after that. ATT swapped mine out with no questions and don't forget that year long warranty from Nokia. If you can't take advantage of those avenues look for instructions on how to disassemble your Lumia (at your own risk) and try to adjust the flash contacts for a better fit. I heard a few folks who had luck doing that. Good luck.

bsmith859

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I had the flash issue on my 920. Turns out the flash connects up to the circuit board via spring like contacts with pressure only. If the contacts don't have enough spring and pressure the connection can fail. If it stops working again press around on the case around the flash and see if it comes on. The first day I had the issue pressing on the case worked then no luck after that. ATT swapped mine out with no questions and don't forget that year long warranty from Nokia. If you can't take advantage of those avenues look for instructions on how to disassemble your Lumia (at your own risk) and try to adjust the flash contacts for a better fit. I heard a few folks who had luck doing that. Good luck.

I tried pushing on it today but did nothing so I don't think it is that but thank you

Vikram Dinesh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Have you check what the battery level is when this is happening? When the battery is low, the tiles do not update and also the flash will not work. If I remember correctly, if battery is below 10% then the flash will default to off and will not switch on. So check battery level when this happens the next time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro