To me, the Lumia 900, 920 and 1020 have the best hardware design of any cellphone out there! Outstanding! Sorry, but the truth is, most other phones look like the iPhone.... The 900, 920 and 1020 are beautiful! The T-Mobile and Verizon variants look "somewhat" similar to the 920, but they are not as sexy!

Now that Nokia released the 1020, will they ever release a 930? The 1020 is almost identical to the 920, but that's a photography-enthusiast phone that costs a kidney! I'm hoping for a future Lumia 930 with 64Gb storage! No crazy cameras. No exorbitant price! Just a successor to the 920 with more storage.

Do you guys think it will ever happen?
    07-30-2013 01:44 AM
    Just the storage update... NO WAY!!!
    To remain in the market Nokia needs a successor to 920 with atleast a quad core processor, 2 GB RAM and 16MP camera. Samsung is soon launching Note 3 with 3 GB RAM! Therefore the specs, I have mentioned above are already outdated but still Nokia has to provide atleast above to remain in the market. At the same time, MS needs to bring more apps in WP Store alongwith some awesome features which are already available in other platforms and even some new features. Otherwise, Nokia is soon going to leave WP to dust!
    07-30-2013 01:54 AM
    To remain in the market Nokia needs a successor to 920 with atleast a quad core processor, 2 GB RAM and 16MP camera. Samsung is soon launching Note 3 with 3 GB RAM! Therefore the specs, I have mentioned above are already outdated but still Nokia has to provide atleast above to remain in the market. At the same time, MS needs to bring more apps in WP Store alongwith some awesome features which are already available in other platforms and even some new features. Otherwise, Nokia is soon going to leave WP to dust!
    And the note 3 will still lag incessantly just like every android device while the lowest end WP7 device will be smoother.
    07-30-2013 02:01 AM
    I didn't mean it that way. Obviously I'd expect better CPU, more memory and some other perks, but not features that would put the device in the realm of niche products like the insane camera on the 1020. Sorry. for not being clear.
    07-30-2013 02:07 AM
    Android needs those specs to run that crippled OS smoothly, and also use those numbers as marketing. I still don't get why people can tolerate with that mess.
    07-30-2013 02:19 AM
    I agree with having a 64GB phone but they need to achieve that w/o jacking up costs. They especially need it, now that Joe.B has confirmed the Other storage is an architecture problem in the OS and not a bug that can be squashed, but only improve a bit.
    Why MS approved phones with 8GB or less internal storage with such a critical issue boggles my mind.
    07-30-2013 02:22 AM
    No to 64GB. Storage costs to much, and many people simple don't buy them. Heck barely people buy the 32GB Iphones and they have thousands more apps than us.
    07-30-2013 02:27 AM
    No to 64GB. Storage costs to much, and many people simple don't buy them. Heck barely people buy the 32GB Iphones and they have thousands more apps than us.
    Then they could put a microSD slot in the 930. But chances are they won't.

Edit: I'm not sure storage costs too much. I think high end cameras and high resolution screens cost more than flash memory.
    Last edited by WPhoney; 07-30-2013 at 03:02 AM.
    07-30-2013 02:39 AM
    Then they could put a microSD slot in the 930. But chances are they won't.

Edit: I'm not sure storage costs too much. I think high end cameras and high resolution screens cost more than flash memory.
    I mean you could be right, but I thought that was a reason why for a period of time most cell phones weren't coming with an SD slot, mainly some high end Android phones and of course Iphones.

SD slot might be the way to go, but I don't know many people who is switching in & out SD cards AFAIK to justify including them in all phones.
    07-30-2013 03:08 AM
    Do you guys think Nokia will make a 930 at some point? It looks insane to me to limit the 920's beautiful design to the 1020, given how expensive that phone is. Maybe in 5 years I can afford it used for $300....
    07-30-2013 06:03 PM
    Specs aren't everything, especially when it comes to Android. Android needs such firepower because their coding is sloppy.

iOS and WP7/8 have always been very efficient in resource allocation.
    07-30-2013 06:49 PM