PC doesn't recognize Lumia 920 anymore

simplescheme

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I used to connect my Lumia to my PC via USB cable (came with phone) and accessed it via File Explorer.
Since today my PC doesn't recognize my phone anymore. Doesn't show up in File Explorer.
Tried so far:
- Lumia 820 of son works fine
- Lumia 920 with 820 cable doesn't work
- Different USB port doesn't work
- Windows Phone Desktop App doesn't find phone
- Tried to reboot machine
- Tried to reboot phone
- Removed phone from Control panel\Devices

PC runs Win7.
No new software or peripherals installed for weeks.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Mario

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Can you still charge your phone using the usb cable? That would help determine if the usb port on it might have gone bad.

simplescheme

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Wow. It fixed itself. I connected to a win8 machine (tablet) and there it worked after downloading the metro winphone app. Afterwards I retried on the win7 machine and worked there again. So seems fixed for now.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I ran into this problem a couple of weeks ago but solved it quickly. Plug your phone into the computer via USB cable. Reboot your phone with it still connected. That should do it. It worked for me.

ChuchoFett

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I ran into this problem a couple of weeks ago but solved it quickly. Plug your phone into the computer via USB cable. Reboot your phone with it still connected. That should do it. It worked for me.

This worked for me for a while .. but now it doesn't work .. i have the Lumia 1020 and it's getting very annoying :( .. i love my phone .. and i love to keep my pictures, videos etc. backed up and i connect very often .. but my phone keeps not getting recognized by my PC and its making me desperate ... i have Windows 8.1 Pro x64. If anyone has a fix or something .. just let me know :(

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I remember I had this problem months ago with my L928. Uninstalled driver for phone, connected to PC again and it downloaded driver (like it was first time connected). Worked. Had this problem couple times, but did the same thing now I dont have any problem

-Removed phone from cp/devices -I'm not talking about this, I removed Driver

ChuchoFett

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I remember I had this problem months ago with my L928. Uninstalled driver for phone, connected to PC again and it downloaded driver (like it was first time connected). Worked. Had this problem couple times, but did the same thing now I dont have any problem

-Removed phone from cp/devices -I'm not talking about this, I removed Driver

Hi, thanks! .. where can i find this driver ? i've been to Dev Manager, Cp, etc. .. couldn't find any

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks! .. where can i find this driver ? i've been to Dev Manager, Cp, etc. .. couldn't find any
Connect your phone and go to Device Manager. You'll see there one line with yellow Exclamation mark (!) (on Portable devices). double click on that (new window opens) go to Driver section, there youll find few options click on Uninstall and uninstall it. Disconnect your phone when you finish (maybe youll need to restart it). Connect again and it should install driver automatically. Of course you need internet on pc for this))

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett