Sees Wifi, enters correct password but can't connect

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
So my WiFi recently went out for a few hours, then I got it back on after talking with ATT. anyways everyone else can connect. I can connect on my L900 but my brothers 920 can see the network and enters the exact same password I did (100% sure) yet it says incorrect password. Any solutions besides toggling WiFi on and off? Thanks for any help

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
The network was already gone from the known list. Not sure how, neither of us deleted it.
And could I check the physical router to see if it has MAC address filtering on or would I have to log onto it's thing online?

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I checked and MAC address filtering is off. The password is correct and every other device can connect fine. So I'm thinking it's on the phones side and not the router. Any ideas?

WP8fan

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Is it the only WI-FI within range? Double-check that you are connecting to the right network and not a different one in the list.

SahilShah

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Try to do a simple restart. It sounds stupid, but I went through the same thing, with the WiFi not connecting, and trying a soft reset, which did not work. In pure frustration, I restarted the phone, and it WORKED! Hopefully it will work for you.

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately that did not work! I'm getting so frustrated with this! Nothing has worked! I even created another SSID with a new password and it still said password incorrect even though I just created that and made sure it was right! I still haven't done a hard reset because I'm scared it'll brick so I'm trying to save that for last.

JTDraper

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Try rebooting the cable modem (or DSL gateway modem) and router. Unplug each for 3 seconds. If you have digital phone service through your cable company, be sure to remove the battery from the cable modem as well.

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I rebooted the router and did a hard reset. Neither worked. The phone still says password incorrect when I'm 100% sure that it is. Should I just exchange it?

Sakeeboy

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried connecting your phone to another Wi-Fi router just to isolate whether its really your phone who is at the fault?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes. All the other devices can still connect fine to the WiFi. Even my L900. I don't understand what could have changed that only affects his 920.

That's not what I asked. I asked if his 920 was connecting before the wifi went out

You know, he was connected. wifi went out. atnt got it back up,he can't connect anymore?

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
That's not what I asked. I asked if his 920 was connecting before the wifi went out

You know, he was connected. wifi went out. atnt got it back up,he can't connect anymore?

yes he was connected before. I think I'm gonna factory reset the router and go from there.

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Third party. I'm on ATT tech support right now because my parents didn't want me to factory reset it. (I'm 16) but they ain't helping much.. We'll see how this goes

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
This is happened to me before some Wifi networks which has custom IPs/DNS servers just don't let my phone connect. frustrating as hell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750